Angry Video Game Nerd

ADRSean

Apr 18, 2008
So yes, this guy is absolutely nuts. not funny sometimes, but I seem to enjoy his rants just because I am a huge old school video game fan.

BUT what do you guys think of 'em?

Check this out while you're at it, I recently covered his theme song for shits and giggles. Rate/comment it or something or just laugh at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he's painfully unfunny
i'm all down for crass, profane, low brow humour just as much as the high brow stuff, but i just don't find him funny

i mean it's not just a matter of whether he's funny or not too, even when yahtzee has an off week, zero punctuation is still good and entertaining because yahtzee's a charistmatic guy, angry video game nerd just makes me sit there pulling a sorta o_O face with a vague air of pity about it.
the street fighter one was pretty good though

I did a metal version of that theme last summer...

AVGN Theme

FWIW, I think the guy is brilliant. His review of the Atari 5200 was fucking priceless.

That's awesome man! He is really smart, his reviews are amazing. And he's a really nice guy too, responds to emails like in a day. I like his non AVGN videos a lot as well.

i think its the swearing with avgn that kills it for me. he's one of those people that just cant swear without falling flat on his face and sounding a wee bit silly.
"WHAT THE FUCKING DICK SUCKING FUCK WAS THAT" and such
reminds me of this kid that was in my school that once said to me "youre such an up yours, gareth"

Yeah after talking to him, he's nothing like that. And he tries to tone it done but it's a fan demand I guess. His other videos are where you really see how he is, his movie reviews and his short film even

Yeah after talking to him, he's nothing like that. And he tries to tone it done but it's a fan demand I guess. His other videos are where you really see how he is, his movie reviews and his short film even

yeah, i figured it might have been
i should check out some of his other stuff