Ankkarock 2006

The Bringer

Dec 8, 2003
British Columbia, Canada
Just returned from the Children of Bodom show. It sounded MUCH better than when I saw them in Vancouver, BC back in November 2005. Some of those AYDY songs actually sounded abit better. Also the keyboards stood way out from any other instrument which is a huge bonus since I think the keyboards are the best part.

Setlist:

Silent Night, Bodom Night
Hate Crew Deathroll
Living Dead Beat
Sixpounder
Angels Don't Kill
Towards Dead End
Chokehold
Hate Me!
Bless the Child (Nightwish cover, only the first few bars but enough for fans to recognize it)
Needled 24/7
Deadnight Warrior
Are You Dead Yet?
Everytime I Die
Follow the Reaper
In Your Face
Downfall

OMG, COB did a cover on NW!!!!!! I wish i could have been there to see that. I bet Janne's keyboarding was excellent. The nightwish keys are great, but Janne doing it would be even better! And the drumming.....the NW drummer is like one of my fave drummers so Jaska playing that would be...i don't even know what it'd be! I want to hear Alexi sing the way Tarja does. OMG, i wish they do that sometime when they headline again!

(Nightwish cover, only the first few bars but enough for fans to recognize it) not the whole song i guess you freaks....

-[chop]- said:
(Nightwish cover, only the first few bars but enough for fans to recognize it) not the whole song i guess you freaks....

yeah but the intro is not THAT long... and its almost only keyboards so Janne would have played it almost all alone... and if they did carry on a bit then the others would have played too ... but anyway I wasn't there...

Looks like a great show!

Did they use Vihaan Humppa from Eläkeläiset as intro?

Dehumanizer_06 said:
Why dont they ever play Red Light in My Eyes? Both of them are so damn cool

yeah, i wanna see them playing both too. (or maybe just red light in my eyes part I)

Saartje said:
Looks like a great show!

Did they use Vihaan Humppa from Eläkeläiset as intro?

yes they did. it was really great show!!

The OMGALEXI fangirls had a sign in the front row saying "ALEXI AND JANNE, KISS EACH OTHER!" and Alexi commented it like "Oh? Noo... Well, let's see what happens."

It cracked me up!

V. Bornebusch said:
The OMGALEXI fangirls had a sign in the front row saying "ALEXI AND JANNE, KISS EACH OTHER!" and Alexi commented it like "Oh? Noo... Well, let's see what happens."

It cracked me up!

and they did kiss ^^

tanma said:
and they did kiss ^^

What, I didn't see that?! Anyway, the musical experience was enough and actually saved my day. I had been really pissed by the heat, among other things, for a week or so. But seeing such a great gig by Bodom would have cheered anyone up.