Annihilator rips off Black Sabbath?

Evil Dead

Hail to the King baby
Mar 19, 2002
Kansas City
Anyone heard the new Annihilator album?

It isn't too bad, but when I got to track 9, Detonation. I SWORE it was a cover of Children of the Grave until there wasn't a breakdown. Anyone heard this? Once the drum intro is over, it is totally Children of the Grave.

Anyone heard the new Annihilator album?

It isn't too bad, but when I got to track 9, Detonation. I SWORE it was a cover of Children of the Grave until there wasn't a breakdown. Anyone heard this? Once the drum intro is over, it is totally Children of the Grave.

What's the best Annihilator album? I never got into them...want to give 'em a try. I heard the guitar player is good.

What's the best Annihilator album? I never got into them...want to give 'em a try. I heard the guitar player is good.

"Alice In Hell" is probably their best, but you should pick up a greatest hits if you want to get into them, after AIH, most of their albums just had a few amazing songs with a lot filler in the middle.

Anyways, I'll have to check out the song, Annihilators pretty much over now anyways, they were great, but they've just been going down hill lately. I'm waiting for Jeff to put out a solo album or something, because Dave Padden pretty much killed Annihilator.

This album does have a wicked guitar solo on the song Downright Dominate.

But yeah, over I would say is a good description. When I listened to the album it sounds old and tired for the most part.

i love Annihilator, but the last two albums were horrendous.

I searched for some YouTube vids of Jeff Waters....eh...he's ok...nothing special...not particularly tasty...am I missing something?

Everyone ripped off Sabbath...even N'Sync...I'm not sure how, but I'll think of something. Ha!

I think the new Annihilator album "Metal" is pretty good, its got like 10 guest guitarist doing guest solos and Jeff shreds balls.

good solos yes! It isnt too bad of an album. I just LOVE Children of the Grave, especially Rob Zombies cover of it..so I was kinda irked when I sensed the riff lift. Supernaught is the best Sabbath song though, and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.

That's insulting... it's basically the Jeff Waters band and no they aern't anywhere near the same league as Metallica.... I had an opportunity to get a review copy of that album and I flat out declined...[/QUOTE
I meant when metallica was good--they were called "canadian metallica" back whey did Alice in hell, and the neverland(or something like that) album--when Justice and Black albums were out

I sampled the album from their website...that Army Of One is pretty goofy. The solo in Downright Dominate is cool. Sounds like Billy singing the chorus of Detonation. Ha!

I used to love Annihilator. But with Jeff Waters playing musical chairs with the lead vocalist position is the main reason why Annihilator never made it to the top of the Metal industry.

I would hope Jeff Waters would get rid of Dave Padden, and try and work out something with Randy Rampage, or Coburn Pharr again. I highly doubt that will ever happen though. Padden doesn't fit with Annihilator at all, maybe in some nu-metal type band.