Annual vendor request thread

This year I am going to mostly buy DVDs. In my infinite wisdom, after 28 years into metal, my music collection rose exponentially while I pretty much ignored DVD releases. with that said, DVDs I will be on the hunt for are:

Candlemass - 20 Year Anniversary Party
Marillion - Live From Lorely
Rage - Full Moon in St. Petersburg
Within Temptation - Black Symphony
Primal Fear - 16.6 Live Around the World
Grave Digger - The Clans Are Still Marching
Magnum - Livin' the Dream
Dio - Holy Diver Live
Judas Priest - Epitaph
Judas Priest - Rising From the East
Gamma Ray - Hell Yeah!
Trouble - Live in Stockholm
Angra - Rebirth World Tour

As far as CDs go:

Heavatar - Opus I
Hollow Haze - Countdown to Revenge
Magnus Karlsson's Freefall
Saxon - Sacrifice (2CD)
Avantasia - The Great Mystery (2CD edition)
Vicious Rumors - Electric Punishment
Wolfchant - Embraced By Fire (2CD)
Myrath - Desert Call
Myrath - Tales of the Sands
Myrath - Hope
Divinity Compromised - A World Torn
Jag Panzer - reissues
Orden Ogan - To the End

Circus Maximus--Nine (I sincerely doubt that this one will be hard to find this year, but I thought I should add it since nobody seemed to carry it last year. I wasn't crazy about it when I first heard it, but I want a copy of my own to sit down with it and give it more time)

Communic--The Bottom Deep (I missed my chance to grab this one last year. I hope the Nuclear Blast folks bring enough of this one)

Labyrinth--As Time Goes By...(Nobody brought this one last year! I'm looking at you, Zane!)

Mekong Delta--The Principle Of Doubt (I know this album isn't listed on any of the vendor's websites, but if Ken Golden can get it, clearly one of the vendors can as well)

Outworld--Outworld (This album was recently reissued. Come on, Lance!)

Pyramaze--Immortal (By the time I finally decided I wanted this album, which was three years ago, the vendors stopped carrying it. I know there are copies out there!)

The Realm reissues from Metal Mind Productions--I know there are still copies of these two albums floating around, especially for "Suiciety."

The 2010-2011 Savatage reissues, particularly "Power Of The Night," "Hall Of The Mountain King," "Gutter Ballet," and "Live In Japan (aka Japan Live '94)." Just like the Realm reissues, I know these are out there somewhere.

I sure hope you vendors are looking at these lists. I guarantee that you will see these albums purchased if you stock them for the fest. This is the one time out of the year that I can actually afford to buy CDs that aren't in clearance bins, so please help me out with this wish list!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I like this, not only put together a concise list, but you tell us WHY you want each title. :headbang:

Mekong Delta--The Principle Of Doubt (I know this album isn't listed on any of the vendor's websites, but if Ken Golden can get it, clearly one of the vendors can as well)

The Realm reissues from Metal Mind Productions--I know there are still copies of these two albums floating around, especially for "Suiciety."

Forgot about Mekong Delta. Pretty much any Mekong Delta except for the two I have of course (the last three).

Those Realm discs are AWESOME!!! If there was one band I'd love to see reunite it's them.

I'll take you guys one at a time:

Jason: Yes, those Savatage reissues are the digipacks. I never actually owned any Savatage albums other than "Poets And Madmen" until last year (oddly enough, after Ghost In The Ruins folded!). I figured I should pick up all of the most recent reissues if I were to collect their discography. There are different bonus tracks on these reissues from the ones that SPV released about ten years ago.

Exploding Ned: Thank you! I tend to be overly thorough in everything I do. That's OCD for you! I love looking at the selection at your booth every year, and I always make sure to purchase some stuff from you. That said, what happened to your website? It was nice to get an idea as to what you carried before seeing your selection at the fest in years past.

Simon: I love Mekong Delta! I really got into them when they reformed around 2007, and I've been on the search for all of their old albums ever since. Their stuff is really hard to find, despite the fact that it was all reissued about six years ago. I actually need more than that one album, but that's the one that seems to be in circulation the most lately. I was a little confused by what you mentioned about having two albums by them. Do you have two of the last three albums, or do you in fact have all three of the latest releases? As for Realm, I'm really digging them as well, and I've been hoping to see those reissues at ProgPower only to be disappointed. When it comes to thrash metal, this is the kind of stuff I like. Just because it's thrash doesn't mean it has to have whorrid vocals.

Stay metal.
Albert

Jason: Yes, those Savatage reissues are the digipacks. I never actually owned any Savatage albums other than "Poets And Madmen" until last year (oddly enough, after Ghost In The Ruins folded!). I figured I should pick up all of the most recent reissues if I were to collect their discography. There are different bonus tracks on these reissues from the ones that SPV released about ten years ago.

I think there is a digpak reissue of Sirens / Dungeons.

I have the Metal Blade silver version of Sirens, and the first remaster of Dungeons. Those have bonus tracks too.

There is a lot of rare Savatage material out there.

The most interesting is the original version of the STREETS album.
So many different lyrics on it.

I was a little confused by what you mentioned about having two albums by them. Do you have two of the last three albums

Albert

The last three. I really love what I've heard by them too, though I have to say I wasn't too thrilled with their most recent release.

Simon,

If by the latest release you mean "Intersections," then I'm kind of surprised. That disc is comprised of re-recorded songs from their first six albums. The first half of the album in particular contains songs from their first three albums, which in my opinion are the toughest to swallow due to the band's original vocalist. Though I enjoy those early albums, hearing these songs with the current lineup made them really come alive for me. If you weren't too impressed with the re-recorded versions, however, I would recommend staying away from those first three albums. I feel that the band matured quite a bit on albums #4-6, especially since they had a much better vocalist at the time. Thus, if you dig the material on the second half of "Intersections," I would highly recommend checking out the respective original sources of those songs. If it turns out that the second half of the album did nothing for you, then you should probably avoid everything that the band did before their initial breakup.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Simon,

If by the latest release you mean "Intersections," then I'm kind of surprised. That disc is comprised of re-recorded songs from their first six albums. The first half of the album in particular contains songs from their first three albums, which in my opinion are the toughest to swallow due to the band's original vocalist. Though I enjoy those early albums, hearing these songs with the current lineup made them really come alive for me. If you weren't too impressed with the re-recorded versions, however, I would recommend staying away from those first three albums. I feel that the band matured quite a bit on albums #4-6, especially since they had a much better vocalist at the time. Thus, if you dig the material on the second half of "Intersections," I would highly recommend checking out the respective original sources of those songs. If it turns out that the second half of the album did nothing for you, then you should probably avoid everything that the band did before their initial breakup.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Interesting. I had no clue that's what it was. I think for me it was more of a flow thing with that album as there wasn't much cohesion with the songs. Since it is rerecorded stuff, that makes a lot more sense. Now with that in mind, I'll probably take another listen to see. I still might look into their older stuff though.

I didn't make any lists this year. Last year I bought 78 cd's and 10 shirts, three of which I lost on the 1st day.
This year my goal is to control my spending to under 30 cd's and maybe 3 shirts. You know how that usually works out

I didn't make any lists this year. Last year I bought 78 cd's and 10 shirts, three of which I lost on the 1st day.
This year my goal is to control my spending to under 30 cd's and maybe 3 shirts. You know how that usually works out

78 CDS????????? And I thought my 40 were wayyy too much!!!!

78 CDS????????? And I thought my 40 were wayyy too much!!!!

I will be looking for those. I will buy all if i find...

SABATON - SWEDISH EMPIRE LIVE (2-BLU RAY DVD SET)
KREATOR - DYING ALIVE (2CD+1DVD DIGI)
AMON AMARTH - DECEIVER OF THE GODS (DELUXE EDITION DIGI 2-CD)
DARK TRANQUILLITY - CONSTRUCT
DAMNATION ANGELS - BRINGER OF LIGHT
ASSASSIN - CHAOS & LIVE SHOTS (2-DVD BOX)
AXEL RUDI PELL - LIVE ON FIRE (2DVD)
FLOTSAM AND JETSAM - LIVE IN JAPAN (DVD)
ORPHANED LAND - ALL IS ONE (DELUXE CD+NTSC DVD)
SAXON - HEAVY METAL THUNDER: LIVE EAGLES OVER WACKEN (RARE 2CD+1DVD BOX) 2012
WINTERSUN - TIME I (LIMITED EDITION DIGI CD+DVD)
ICED EARTH - LIVE IN ANCIENT KOURION (3-DISC DELUXE EDITION DIGI)
PRETTY MAIDS – MOTHERLAND
RHAPSODY OF FIRE - LIVE FROM CHAOS TO ETERNITY (2CD DIGI)
SERENITY - WAR OF AGES +2 (LIMITED EDITION DIGI)
SOILWORK - THE LIVING INFINITE (2-CD)
VOLBEAT - OUTLAW GENTLEMEN & SHADY LADIES +5 (LIMITED EDITION 2-CD)
WITCH CROSS - AXE TO GRIND
DREAM THEATER - LIVE AT LUNA PARK (2 BLU-RAY + 3CD BOX)
DARK AGE - A MATTER OF TRUST (LIMITED DIGI)
VOLBEAT - GUITAR GANGSTERS & CADILLAC BLOOD +2 (LIMITED TOUR EDITION + BONUS DVD)
TYR - VALKRJA
DREAM THEATER - DREAM THEATER
DELAIN – INTERLUDE
HELKER- ALL
Violator - Scenarios Of Brutality
ORDEN OGAN - TO THE END +1 (LIMITED EDITION DIGI w/DVD)
WARCRY - IMMORTAL
Folkodia - The Fall Of The Magog
Carcass - Surgical Steel
Battle Beast - Battle Beast
Syren – Heavy Metal