The 2nd Official Fucked Universe Thread... 1994

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
In honor of Papa Josh's thread from about a year ago now, since he never made a sequel, here's mine. :tickled:
Papa Josh said:
(year updated to 1994)
I'm sure you're wondering, what in the hell is he smoking now? Well, here's the name of the game. You're trapped in a fucked universe where the only cds that exist are from the year 1994. Nothing before, nothing after. 1994. To make matters worse, the law allows you to own only12, one dozen. Anymore and you lose all rights if caught.

Danzig 4p (pfft, no contest)
Nirvana - Unplugged
Pantera - Far Beyond Driven
Biohazard - State of the World Address
Machine Head - Burn My Eyes
Carcass - Heartwork (US release 1994)
Type O Negative - Bloody Kisses
Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral
Slayer - Divine Intervention
Soundgarden - Superunknown
Stompbox - Stress
Rollins Band - Weight

These are all albums I owned at the time (some on dubbed tape even), if I included those I discovered later this would be far too difficult to narrow down to 12. When I look back at 1994, it really was a defining year for me musically. It was when I really started discovering new bands, plus a ton of simply amazing albums that I still continue to discover come from that year (Hypocrisy, At the Gates, Mayhem, Edge of Sanity, etc.). Plus it was the last year I had long hair. :loco:

Either way really, but once I got to 25 albums I decided to eliminate all the ones I didn't actually own back then (and even so I think I didn't have a few on my list until '96 or later).

OK that's cool, I never noticed that feature at Librarius Metallicus. Hmm, must be the million pop-up Ad's distracting me whenever I visit that site...

Here you go!

Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Danzig - IV
Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger
Edge of Sanity - Purgatory Afterglow
Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse
In Flames - Lunar Strain or Subterannean EP
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas (I've started a review for this btw)
Megadeth - Youthanasia
Queensryche - Promised Land
Thergothon - Stream from the Heavens
Thorr's Hammer - Dommedagsnatt
Tiamat - Wildhoney

Of course, out of that list, the only two I actually owned that year were Megadeth and Queensryche.

Most of those I've since discovered, what a great year. Youthanasia sucks ass though, I had that back then. :p

You must still have spyware crap on your computer, I don't get any popups at Librarius Metallicus at work (where I'm on IE).

I'm sure there is some grunge/alternative album or something I am missing from this list, but I can't think of 'em, so they must not be as important, eh?

KING'S X - Dogman
CRADLE OF FILTH - The Principle Of Evil Made Flesh
MARDUK - Opus Nocturne
FATES WARNING - Inside Out
DARKTHRONE - Panzerfaust
SOLITUDE AETURNUS _ Through The Darkest Hour
SLAYER - Divine Intervention
NAPALM DEATH - Fear, Emptiness Despair (one of the greatest)
EMPEROR - In the Nightside Eclipse
ULVER - Bergtatt
TIAMAT - Wildhoney
GODFLESH - Selfless

If I was feeling like a lawbreaker, I'd sneak along BOLT THROWER's - ... For Victory!!

Hypocrisy - The Fourth Dimension
Helloween - Master of the Rings
Gehenna - First Spell
Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
COF - The Principle of Evil Made Flesh
Danzig - Danzig IV
Mortiis - Ånden Som Gjorde...
Forgotten Woods - As the Wolves Gather
Mercyful Fate - Time
Satyricon - The Shadowthrone
Stratovarius - Dreamspace
Annihilator - King of the Kill

At least I think so :err:

I checked Librarius Metallicus and it says '95, and I'm pretty sure my copy says '95, and then that Lyckantropen DVD I watched at 1am this morning said '94. Damn confusing dates! :lol:

I would check the Jester Records site but they haven't paid their bill so the site is down. :tickled:

NAD said:
I checked Librarius Metallicus and it says '95, and I'm pretty sure my copy says '95, and then that Lyckantropen DVD I watched at 1am this morning said '94. Damn confusing dates! :lol:

I would check the Jester Records site but they haven't paid their bill so the site is down. :tickled:
What is this dvd you speak of?

And you may very well have a re-issue. My Head Not Found says 94. So, I guess in this fucked universe you will be coming over to my house to jam Bergtatt!! :loco:

Lyckantropen the movie DVD, it has an interview with Ulver in the special features. Somewhere in the Ulver forum here there's a link to buy it for $10, looks like eBay has it for much more. Pretty cool movie, and I already know you like the soundtrack. ;)

Papa Josh said:
So, I guess in this fucked universe you will be coming over to my house to jam Bergtatt!! :loco:
:kickass:

I'll throw my list down to.

Seems I was somewhat sheltered back then...

anthrax - live the island years
bruce dickinson - balls to picasso
dream theater - awake
machine head - burn my eyes (a lot)
megadeth - youthanasia
napalm death - fear, emptiness, despain
savatage - handful of rain
solitude aeturnus - through the darkest hour
suicidal tendencies - suicidal for life
testament - low
type o negative - bloody kisses
slayer - divine intervention