Masters Hammer - Ritual
At The Gates - Gardens Of Grief
Therion - Of Darkness...
Bathory - Twilight Of The Gods
Morbid Angel - Blessed Are The Sick
Burzum - Burzum
Dissection - Into Infinite Obscurity
Grotesque - Incantations

OK, some are EP's but I couldnt leave them out..

An even funnier take on this game would be each person's top 12 from 1991, and then each person's top 12 out of CDs THEY ACTUALLY OWNED in 1991! ;)

Before I even get into my list, I'll go on record as stating right now that I'm pretty sure I didn't own any of these in 1991. :D

1. Nirvana - Nevermind (hah, fooled you again! This I *did* own in '91!)
2. Darkthrone - Soulside Journey (hey, I actually liked this quite a bit)
3. Savatage - Streets: A Rock Opera (uh, no-brainer, my favorite Savatage album)
4. Grave - Into The Grave (I'm just getting into this now, and I looooovvvee it)
5. Overkill - Horrorscope (yes!)
6. Iced Earth - Iced Earth (yes, I like IE)
7. Running Wild - Blazon Stone (one of my favorites from the gay pirate era)
8. Death - Human (rules. period.)
9. Queensryche - Operation:LIVEcrime (yes, I realize this is kind of cheating, but I *love* this album)
10. Paradise Lost - Gothic (alright, I'll be honest, I've not heard this either, but I'm told it's like a much more aggressive, much harder version of Draconian Times, so it's got to be really, really good)
11. Sepultura - Arise (duh, another no-brainer)
12. Metallica - The Black Album (eh, *shrugs* why not?)

Well, that's what I can think of at the moment, though in looking over the albums released in '91, it's apparent that there's a lot I need to hear!

I own Paradise Lost "Gothic" but I can't tell you if the "Draconian Times" comparison is correct as I haven't heard THAT. "Gothic" is good but has one of the strangest productions ever.

markgugs said:
An even funnier take on this game would be each person's top 12 from 1991, and then each person's top 12 out of CDs THEY ACTUALLY OWNED in 1991! ;)

Before I even get into my list, I'll go on record as stating right now that I'm pretty sure I didn't own any of these in 1991. :D

1. Nirvana - Nevermind (hah, fooled you again! This I *did* own in '91!)
2. Darkthrone - Soulside Journey (hey, I actually liked this quite a bit)
3. Savatage - Streets: A Rock Opera (uh, no-brainer, my favorite Savatage album)
4. Grave - Into The Grave (I'm just getting into this now, and I looooovvvee it)
5. Overkill - Horrorscope (yes!)
6. Iced Earth - Iced Earth (yes, I like IE)
7. Running Wild - Blazon Stone (one of my favorites from the gay pirate era)
8. Death - Human (rules. period.)
9. Queensryche - Operation:LIVEcrime (yes, I realize this is kind of cheating, but I *love* this album)
10. Paradise Lost - Gothic (alright, I'll be honest, I've not heard this either, but I'm told it's like a much more aggressive, much harder version of Draconian Times, so it's got to be really, really good)
11. Sepultura - Arise (duh, another no-brainer)
12. Metallica - The Black Album (eh, *shrugs* why not?)

Well, that's what I can think of at the moment, though in looking over the albums released in '91, it's apparent that there's a lot I need to hear!

So, you're willing to have an album like Gothic, instead of something you know you liked? You're willing to sacrifice that? According to the Fucked Universe laws and ordinances, you're right to own your music should be revoked, however, only temporarily until you have come to your senses..
:D

If I could find the emoticon for the "middle-finger" smilie, I'd use it here... :lol:

And yeah, I guess I would; I've never heard anything bad about it (including 2 opinions from those I trust highly) and there was a lot of stuff I could've chose, but didn't because I didn't own/hear it.

markgugs said:
If I could find the emoticon for the "middle-finger" smilie, I'd use it here... :lol:

And yeah, I guess I would; I've never heard anything bad about it (including 2 opinions from those I trust highly) and there was a lot of stuff I could've chose, but didn't because I didn't own/hear it.

But you didn't necessarily have to have owned it in 91, that's just the fucked universe you've been thrown in..

markgugs said:
Erik, what makes it strange? Just out of curiosity...
It has this really weird lead guitar sound that sounds like nothing else really (but I think it gave Katatonia some inspiration) and the production in general is just pretty fucked up. A lot of strange reverb and stuff all over the place. Gets a bit messy when they bring in the orchestral bits and female vocals and everything.

phyre said:
It has this really weird lead guitar sound that sounds like nothing else really (but I think it gave Katatonia some inspiration) and the production in general is just pretty fucked up. A lot of strange reverb and stuff all over the place. Gets a bit messy when they bring in the orchestral bits and female vocals and everything.

I can see where you're coming from..

I got bored with it after some time and sold it.