The Official "I'm going to Maryland Deathfest Too!" Thread

Well, I may be back in for this fest. Chicago is looking like a no-go, so I might have a few days of vaca to spend before June and would love to see a bunch of these bands.

*whoa* Just checked flights, and from Dayton there are non-stop to Baltimore for 140.

This has become more of a possibility.

I remember being in Baltimore several years ago when this fest was still in its infancy and running into a guy down there that was going, when he said who was on the bill most bands were very, very, underground. Now these days, they've really got some great bands in and it just seems to be getting better. Unfortunately, I can't make the trip, but Bolt Thrower, Pestilence, Asphyx, Marduk, and Atheist? Come on...anyone going is in for a real treat!

I'm really considering this, and I just realized that the Monday after that weekend is Memorial Day. So I could do this and not take any vacation!

So, anyone interested in splitting a room at the Sheraton?

Hahaha did you get the name Hellgoat from the Atlanta black metal band?

No. I came up with it fully not really expecting it to be an actual band name. I'm not surprised, though. Heavy metal has way too many "kvlt" bands with ridiculously over-the-top names.

Wow. I wonder if the Atlanta band is any good......?

Just heard Car Bomb pulled out and Krallice stepped in. While I'm not familiar with either, I view this as a very positive replacement. Krallice got all sorts of RC love in the Top XX lists of 2008.

Zod

Just heard Car Bomb pulled out and Krallice stepped in. While I'm not familiar with either, I view this as a very positive replacement. Krallice got all sorts of RC love in the Top XX lists of 2008.

Zod

Krallice is AWESOME. Their album last year is one of my favorite black metal discs ever.

How far is the Harbour Hoilday inn from the venue..Thats where were staying :headbang:

You are a little over a mile from the venue. That is where I am staying and I believe I stayed there in '06. While you could walk, I wouldn't recommend it. There are some rough spots on the way and we saw a guy get mugged coming back one night. You have to pay for parking at the hotel, but the venue has plenty of free parking. Your best bet is to take advantage of it.

Hey, is anyone here willing to help me out?

I'm supposed to be rooming with caex, but I've got to assume that he's had some sort of computer issue as he hasn't been online. The only phone number I have for him I guess is disconnected according to the recording I'm getting. So, I have no way of knowing that he's still going, or letting him know when my bus gets in on Friday.

I'm only 17, which as far as I know is too young to either rent a car or book a room (plus I'm sure it'd be damn near impossible to book a room this late in the game anyways) My bus gets in to the greyhound station in downtown Baltimore at 7:25 AM on Friday. Is anyone able to come get me? And, assuming he isn't going and I don't run into him there, anyone willing to let me room with them as well? I'll definitely be able to help pay for the room. Bus leaves Monday morning @ 4:25, too, again assuming that he doesn't go to the festival at all.

If anyone could PM me, that'd be great. I'm still trying to see what I can do to get in touch with him, though.