The Official "I'm going to Maryland Deathfest Too!" Thread

I don't see the date listed on the site. A friend told me that they'll be there on that date. Apparently, he has his sources.

Zod

I think the date you're talking about (August 10th) was a rumored date for a Sarcofago reunion tour, with Destroyer 666 as one of the support acts, but that tour turned out to be a hoax as reported by Sarcofago's vocalist (who is now a professor of some sort).

Generally it's only one big fest a year for me due to costs, babysitting logistics, etc. However, depening on my tax refund if it's with in reason to get there, I may go.
I'm contemplating it. There's no way I'm dragging the wife there. She can deal with (and enjoy) Amon Amarth for an hour. But a Death festival? I think not. So, I need to decide whether I feel like going solo to this thing.

Zod

Seriously, this is one of the greatest lineups for any festival ever...I'd be willing to say it's the greatest lineup this country has ever seen. Bolt Thrower, Sigh, Pestilence, Mayhem, Marduk, Atheist, Asphyx, Napalm Death, Destroyer 666, Absu, Immolation, Hail of Bullets, Pig Destroyer, Aura Noir, General Surgery, etc.

To put this in perspective for those who are unfamiliar with this type of music: in terms of name recognition, this is like having a festival with Dream Theater, Fates Warning, Blind Guardian, Evergrey, Kamelot, Stratovarius, Angra, and Edguy. These bands are HUGE in the death/black scene and are some of the most influential bands in the history of metal.

Seriously, this is one of the greatest lineups for any festival ever...I'd be willing to say it's the greatest lineup this country has ever seen. Bolt Thrower, Sigh, Pestilence, Mayhem, Marduk, Atheist, Asphyx, Napalm Death, Destroyer 666, Absu, Immolation, Hail of Bullets, Pig Destroyer, Aura Noir, General Surgery, etc.
And ironically, you failed to mention the band that would be first on my list...

Wolves in the Throne Room*

Zod

*Note... Wolves in the Throne Room may be my favorite band name ever. There's just something about it that works.

never gone to this before but I might this year, if I'm home. Pestilence, Athiest, and Bolt Thrower are worth it to me. I live about 10 minutes from the venue, and if anyone who is going needs a Baltimore Tour Guide, hit me up.

I'm in, Zod. I know that my friend Justin (who posts here as mosquito) is going too. Don't have hotel arrangements yet, but I'm definitely going, come hell or high water.

We'll be going as our black metal alter-egos: Hellgoat and Witchtrapper

Corpse paint and everything. Dimmu Borgir are letting us borrow some of their old costumes.