The Official "I'm going to Maryland Deathfest Too!" Thread

Interesting - wonder why they did that?
They've been talking about adding an outdoor stage for a while. However, I think most were under the impression that the smaller bands would be out there. As it turns out, they're having most of the bigger bands out there. Apparently, they just got the permit from the city. I have to expect, given it's the first time they're doing this, the logistics, and more importantly the acoustics, are going to suck. Especially given that the weather in the north east has been completely schizophrenic. To top it all off, when someone asked what will happen if it rains, the promoter flippantly responded, "I guess you'll get wet." A lovely attitude to take with an audience who purchased their tickets believing it to be an indoor fest. Judging by the reaction on the board, I'm in the minority (being upset the logistics have changed). Oh well.

Zod

I'm ambivalent to the outdoor stage situation. I'm going no matter what because I have to see Bolt Thrower, Pestilence, Asphyx, Hail of Bullets...and others that are exclusive to this festival.

Can't wait.

I'm ambivalent to the outdoor stage situation. I'm going no matter what because I have to see Bolt Thrower, Pestilence, Asphyx, Hail of Bullets...and others that are exclusive to this festival.
I don't blame you. However, for me, I was going just to go. Other than Wolves in the Throne Room (who are in NYC the following week) and D666 (who I've seen and are rumored to be coming back to NYC), there's not another band on the bill who I own a CD by. I am much more of a Black Metal fan, than a Death Metal fan. So, once the logistics and sound took a turn for the worse, I lost interest. Hope you have a great time.

Zod

Sorry to see that you won't be there Zod. JasonK informed me of your decision earlier this week. I can understand with the recent change of the festival logistics. It looks like I will next see you in Atlanta.

As it turns out, my dad decided that if I don't hear from caex, he'll just drive down with me and we'll get a room. So disregard my previous post.

I don't mind the outdoor/indoor thing, to be perfectly honest. I think it could be cool. Like Palabra said, though, there are certain bands playing that I have to see.

I'm stoked for General Surgery - I had never heard of them before deciding to go to the festival back in February, but they're probably my favorite currently grindcore band now.