Anorexia Nervosa

AsModEe

also known as ass-mode
Feb 13, 2004
Québec City
Hey , I know some of you guys listen to Black Metal so I wonder if you know this band! IMO, this is the best BM band right now. RMS Hreidmarr, their vocalist, did the screaming on the new Adagio, but his scream are 10 times more powerful in his own band. He is also the best BM vocalist I know. The production on their latest album ( New Obscurantis Order ) is perfect. These guys are what BM should be IMO. I do think they also have the best drummer in the scene.

Download this song: Anorexia Nervosa - Le chatiment de la rose

As you noticed, the title is in french. The band is from france ( yup.. I didn't know there were good bands from there ) but most of the lyrics are in english!
Anyone who enjoys BM will love this... and maybe those who didn't like BM before will like it now.

Only this one and Nevermore forum, they are the two forums I visit the most. I was expecting this anyway. They are more BM listeners on this forum than on the Nevermore forum so I had a good reason to post it here too.

Lol thx for the suggestions. Sorath I would like to know why you think they're a bunch of faggots. The musicians are great IMO but I could be wrong. For a bm band, I think they have a good guitarist. But it kinda sucks that they're bad live.

Yeah... I would not go so far as to say they are faggots... I would love to hear why you say that... but it would mean a lot if they had better live shows.

First of all, look at them.
ANpic1.gif

THe apparent gayness of this band photo tells me "DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS BAND!"
I think I've heard them, but I can't say I remember what it sounded like. My guess would be CoF-clones, and I won't believe you if you tell me I'm wrong.

None_So_Vile said:
Well........france isnt really known for being immensely grim and necro :lol:

LOLLL. :D Hey Sorath it's the first time I see that pic and they indeed look like faggots. I wouldn't say they resemble marduk nor dark funeral. I never really liked these 2 bands but I like AN so they must have something these 2 other bands don'T have.

Well, I don't exactly dislike the older works of either, especially not Marduk (DF are and always were rather boring, though), but La Grande Danse Macabre was terrible. I haven't heard the latest save the Hearse pic7" (With a fucking marvellous POSSESSED cover on the b-side).

The thing AN has that neither of those bands have is red lipstick.
Please, listen to my recommendations so you know that real black metal can come from such a country as France.

Okay I will certainly check out your bands this weekend. As for AN, their songs are more complex than most of DF or Marduk songs. AN uses more interesting riffs than these 2 bands IMO.