another band confirmed: SEAX

I'll grant that point. The opposite is true for some styles of music. It's why I'd never get excited about seeing Katatonia or My Dying Bride live. I'm sure it would sound good, but I'd want a comfortable chair and maybe a blanket just in case I nod off.

Actually the last time I saw Katatonia just a month or so ago, they had A LOT more energy and intensity than they did the last time I saw them. Great live band.

I could see how MDB could be like that live, but they're still in my top 5 bucket list bands.

I still really want to see MDB.
I wasn't into them back when they did the US tour with DIO.

WHAT?!!! I hate it when you bring these tours up that I probably didn't know of at the time. Beyond that though, that's about the biggest mismatch duo of bands I've ever heard of. I can't imagine they went over well with that group.

If you just mean traditional metal, maybe. In the '90s I saw bands like Type O Negative, Gwar and Danzig at the Vic and it was always packed. I always wondered why people were saying metal was dead.

If you just mean traditional metal, maybe. In the '90s I saw bands like Type O Negative, Gwar and Danzig at the Vic and it was always packed. I always wondered why people were saying metal was dead.

those bands are not really metal. They have all had crossover appeal and mainsteam appeal as well.

Yeah, though I love Danzig, and appreciate both Type O and GWAR to a limited degree, those really weren't metal shows.
Those were mostly attended by those mainstream fans at the time who prefered White Zombie to Pearl Jam.

Finally got around to checking this band out. I hope what people are saying is true because the 2 album tracks didn't really do anything for me. Sounds like they could be a lot of fun live though.

Finally got around to checking this band out. I hope what people are saying is true because the 2 album tracks didn't really do anything for me. Sounds like they could be a lot of fun live though.

I think they are more of a better live than on disc...even though I am a fan of thier recorded stuff...some stuff just plays better in a live setting. cant wait to see them.