another band that wants to play a future PP usa

aztattooedsean

crazed tattooed metalhead
Jan 19, 2002
Chandler,arizona
www.facebook.com
I was reading stuff at the PP europe website and this comment was left by Green Carnation after their 2003 performance:

"Thanks for the nice weekend. We were very happy with the arrangement and hotel and we hope that you will consider us for a later edition of ProgPower and also that you will pass on a recommendation for ProgPower USA if you were pleased with our show." (Green Carnation) :worship:

Would love to see Green Carnation here-- If we can have the doom of Therion, then we can have GC.. Light of Day, Day of Darkness is one of the best albums of its genre.. a complete dark head trip.. I wasn't as impressed by their DVD, but Im sure they come off great live..

Alas, Green Carnation can't be in the cards for PPUSA this year ("traditional" vocals, I think Glenn said), but damnit.......that would've made me happy indeed!

I think we might be the only broadcast radio outlet in the States ever to play all of "Light of Day, Day of Darkness" in its entirety........twice. (!)

Imagine if they played LoDDoD as their set? :OMG: That would be great.

I downloaded the single from their new album and was dissapointingly shocked though. It was so....."yay!" Not necessarily anything wrong with happy music, but it's just not the Green Carnation I know. Anyone else get this vibe, or know what the other songs on their latest album are like?

The only part of LoD,DoD I can't get through is the 5:whatever minute break in the middle with the chick singing. It was a nice touch to put that break in there, but I think the break is way too freaking long.

I also have the song cut into movements in their own mp3s for times when I'm feeling musically impatient and just in the mood for a certain part of the song.

"How can you NOT care about the middle part of the song? That's the part where the Sun has been turned off!" one friend told me. "Yeah, but it lasts too long." :)

Besides, I've heard that Tchort said, when they were listening to the whole thing after the CD was done, that they fell asleep during the middle break with the chick singing. :D

I would crap my pants if Green Carnation were to play. I 37th the vote that they play PP7.

DementiaGuitar said:
The only part of LoD,DoD I can't get through is the 5:whatever minute break in the middle with the chick singing.
Oh, that was singing? I thought she was being tortured! That's the feeling I get when listening to that part. :Spin:

Joe