lucky Europeans: latest addition to PP Europe

aztattooedsean

crazed tattooed metalhead
Jan 19, 2002
Chandler,arizona
www.facebook.com
After their fantastic performace at ProgPower in 2003, we have decided to invite GREEN CARNATION once more. The band is more than happy to come back again, they will play ProgPower this year on Saturday October 1 as co-headliner. Next week we will announce the opening band for Sunday October 2, the 2 headliners will be announce in about 3 weeks.

http://www.progpower.com

Thank god for Glenn. Our Progpower could be the lackluster nightmare that is ProgPower Europe. Instead, we get quality bands at a top notch venue that we wouldn't otherwise get to see.

Oooo, I'm really not that jealous because I'm 100% happy with our progpower, but that's cool that Green Carnation is playing. I bet we're getting them at PPUSA next year anyway though.

Mephistopheles said:
ProgPower Europe is what ProgPower USA would be if there weren't any Power Metal bands playing the USA show. Basicly...

oooh.....*salivates*

I still don't know the bands, though.

PP Europe does not impress me too much (PP USA is much better). I am thinking of going to Gates of Metal Festival in Sweden (same weekend as Wacken unfortunately but better lineup in my opinion). Confirmed bands:

Dimmu Borgir
Edguy
Children of Bodom
Masterplan
Dark Tranquillity
Grave Digger
Amon Amarth
Dream Evil
Moonsorrow
Evergrey
Nocturnal Rites
Sabaton
Twilightning
God Among Insects
Teräsbetoni
Pantokrator

DementiaGuitar said:
Oooo, I'm really not that jealous because I'm 100% happy with our progpower, but that's cool that Green Carnation is playing. I bet we're getting them at PPUSA next year anyway though.

I won't say why but I will say probably not as they just might be in North america before then. I just can't say anything more than that. :loco:

this post isn't meant for anyone to bitch and moan about which is better.

both Rene and Glenn make killer fests, they are great because they aren't exactly the same setup of bands. It gives you the option of hitting one or the other or both if you so choose.

I personally like how Rene has chosen bands as I am not a big power metal fan. I love the prog acts that have come to the US. I love that Orphaned land gets to play both. I am more of a Brainstorm type of power metal fan as I don't enjoy too much cheese unless it is on my pizza.

That is just me though and again, it is great that Rene and glenn aren't making the same fest.

Originally posted by tattooedsean666I won't say why but I will say probably not as they just might be in North america before then. I just can't say anything more than that.

Well that's fine with me too!!

woosta said:
Thank god for Glenn. Our Progpower could be the lackluster nightmare that is ProgPower Europe. Instead, we get quality bands at a top notch venue that we wouldn't otherwise get to see.

I have to go on the offensive for this-- I agree that Green Carnation would not be a headliner in the US due to the strength of the lineup that Glenn has provided, but given the competition over there, I think things are very different.

I think Green Carnation should be at PP VII, and I will work hard to make sure they are.. I think Light of Day, Day of Darkness is one of the most signicant releases in the genre over the past few years-- This is still haunting me from a memorable vacation last year where this was the only CD that I had.

I think we would be blessed to see them- Tchort is one of the true visionaries of the genre. Im sure they would not go over well w/ 1/2-1/3 of the crowd, but oh well- that is what Glenn is about- making us stretch somewhat in our musical appreciation..

dhatchell said:
I think Green Carnation should be at PP VII, and I will work hard to make sure they are.. I think Light of Day, Day of Darkness is one of the most signicant releases in the genre over the past few years-- This is still haunting me from a memorable vacation last year where this was the only CD that I had.

I think we would be blessed to see them- Tchort is one of the true visionaries of the genre. Im sure they would not go over well w/ 1/2-1/3 of the crowd, but oh well- that is what Glenn is about- making us stretch somewhat in our musical appreciation..

I'm right there behind ya, bro. :) GC have been on my list of bands I'd be interested in sponsoring for at least two years, now....and I doubt they'll be removed anytime soon. (But they'd need to play a large chunk of LoD, DoD. :))