Another Bin Laden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going by what the maiden bb'ers have thought about my nationality I could have been anything from Canadian to Mauritian. I guess they paid more attention to my flame threads than anything else.

Is life in the UAE particularly restrictive - by that I mean can you buy a magazine with a scantily clad woman in it etc.........can you drink alcohol and so on.
Generally I mean, not you personally.

Yeah you see those magazines in lots of places, but no nudes though. You need a license for alcohol and there's a requirement that your salary should be over a certain amount. You're also ony allowed a limited quantity of alcohol in a month though they're not very strict with this rule. You have other restrictions like your freedom speech. You can criticize some aspects of government but never the ruling family. Ofcourse life wouldn't be the same as in a democracy, but this place has its good points. There's less crime, less chance of police brutality, no taxes for residents, better pay. Its supposed to be an Islamic country but unofficially lots of things are permitted. There are plenty of hotels that offer services..

Actually no, I'm Indian. :B I was born here/been here almost all my life. There are more Indians here than UAE citizens.
For real? Holy shit! I'm Bangladeshi! A Liberal Muslim.(and I'm glad you guys saved this thread from being ANOTHER anti-Islamic thread \m/\m/)

Of course, I'm American, too, but I figured that was obvious.

The guys of the Opeth board think I'm a 13-year-old, a skinny white Limp Bizkit fan with baggy trouzaz and flipped visor, and on the GMD board everyone thinks I'm a racist black.

Go figure...

I should work on my image, too...

I love samosas! And Bollywood wasn't embarassing until they made the same love triangle movie fifteen times in a row with the same actors and the same cheesy dance pop. Some one needs to bring the sitar and tambura back...

In fact, I don't think anyone plays tambura anymore...

anonymousnick2001 said:
For real? Holy shit! I'm Bangladeshi! A Liberal Muslim.(and I'm glad you guys saved this thread from being ANOTHER anti-Islamic thread \m/\m/)

Of course, I'm American, too, but I figured that was obvious.

The guys of the Opeth board think I'm a 13-year-old, a skinny white Limp Bizkit fan with baggy trouzaz and flipped visor, and on the GMD board everyone thinks I'm a racist black.

Go figure...

I should work on my image, too...

I love samosas! And Bollywood wasn't embarassing until they made the same love triangle movie fifteen times in a row with the same actors and the same cheesy dance pop. Some one needs to bring the sitar and tambura back...

In fact, I don't think anyone plays tambura anymore...
Online personas can be misleading can't they? ;)

Bollywood is not even slightly tolerable anymore. Yeah it was a lot better maybe in the 70's. But I've never really cared for Hindi movies. :b

Status
Not open for further replies.