Another Dio Tribute

iourili

New Metal Member
Apr 28, 2005
New Jersey-based symphonic/power metallers OPERATIKA have released their cover version of the DIO classic "We Rock" via MySpace page. According to the band, the cover was originally planned as a bonus track for their upcoming album, but due to the untimely passing of the great Ronnie James Dio, the cover is being released as a single and all proceeds will go to the Ronnie James Dio "Stand Up And Shout" Cancer Fund
http://www.myspace.com/operatika
werock.jpg

I actually love this band, but I'm a little disappointed they chose this specific song. I think with their sound they could've pulled off one of his more complicated songs. This song just seems too straight forward and uncharacteristic of them. I like this rendition don't get me wrong, but I think there could've been a better song choice.

I actually love this band, but I'm a little disappointed they chose this specific song. I think with their sound they could've pulled off one of his more complicated songs. This song just seems too straight forward and uncharacteristic of them. I like this rendition don't get me wrong, but I think there could've been a better song choice.

Oddly enough, the best part for me is the singer's voice and what she does with such a straight forward chorus.

~Brian~