Another Fantastic Weekend--Thanks Everyone

Fixxer315

May 4, 2012
PPUSA 20 has come and gone, and as usual, I had the time of my life. This was my 8th festival (7 1/2 if you count the fact that I only went on Saturday in 2013, primarily to see Sabaton)) and I've enjoyed every single one of them to the fullest.

Highlights:

Watching the PPUSA crowd use the Valhalla chorus as a way to call for an encore.

Another great PPUSA set by Threshold, although it would have truly been awesome if they did Mission Profile or Light and Space (as well as early Damien material such as Paradox).

Getting to discover Poets of the Fall. I knew nothing about hem going in, but now, I want to really check them out

Seeing Seventh Wonder deliver a far better show than they did in their last PPUSA appearance

As always, the preview video and the crowd reaction therein. I've got a bunch of new music to get familiar with.

The pulled pork taco from the BBQ vendor; I only wish they were also there on Saturday

Subsignals

The very professionally done autograph sessions. With the exception of Demons & Wizards and Seventh Wonder, I was able to get autographs from every band that I wanted. However, given the length of the aforementioned Friday and Saturday headliners, I didn't even try for them.

Getting to see Theocracy for the first time.

Discovering the inconvenience of the Center Stage parking garage since the lot across the street had shut down. I had avoided it in the past because I had assumed the rates were too high, but at $14-16, they were comparable to the other lots around the area.

(Rare) Lowlights

I pinched a nerve in my leg, and thus my thigh was in severe pain on Wednesday. Getting up and down the steps was agony, especially without any railing. It certainly put a damper on my enjoyment. However, with complete rest on Thursday, I was feeling much better by Friday.

Missing what I hear was a killer performance from Galneryus. I decided last year that I was only going to attend Days 3 & 4, but changed my mind for Wednesday when I heard about Theocracy's addition.

Accessing the Midtown Atlanta parking garage on Wednesday. I didn't realize the entire building shut down after hours, so I was walking around in agony trying to find an entrance until I paged a guard at the back door who steered me towards the loading dock.

Nonetheless, all of the low lights were on me, and had nothing to do with the festival itself, which was excellent as always.

Thanks to Glenn & co for a great time.