Bands you are most looking forward to seeing at PPUSA XX?

Oct 4, 2007
We're about a month out, so what bands are you most looking forward to seeing at this year's PPUSA?

Here are some of mine from Friday/Saturday (not planning on attending Wed/Thurs)

Threshold: I've enjoyed them since 2000 and got to see them with Damien at PPUSA in 2007. I've been hoping they would make their return ever since I moved to Atlanta in 2011, and now they're back.

Demons & Wizards: I've been hoping to see them live ever since their first album, and now it's awesome I am getting the chance.

Orden Ogan: I saw them at PPUSA XIII in 2014. I liked them, but not enough to track down their material. Since they were announced, I picked up their live DVD/Greatest Hits CD set, and I was a lot more impressed.

Jag Panzer: Caught them opening for Iced Earth in 2002, and it was a solid set.

Subsignal: I checked out their stuff once the band was announced, and I was blown away.

I'm a first timer at ProgPower this year. Top 5 most anticipated are Caligula's Horse, Seventh Wonder, Demons and Wizards, Insomnium, Threshold.

I still struggle to get into Orden Ogan. Hopefully seeing their show will change that a bit.

Probably the entire Saturday lineup. All bands I want to see.

Outside of that, Ancient Bards, Secret Sphere, Insomnium, Galneryus, Psychotic Waltz and Seventh Wonder.

Will only be there on Friday & Saturday, so:

Most anticipated: Demons & Wizards, Barren Earth, Orden Ogan, Sorcerer, Threshold, Seventh Wonder

Wind Rose was also on that top list. We'll see about Paladin. Still checking out their Ascension album.

** Be sure to check out Barren Earth guys. All of their albums are consistently good, but if you only get one, pick up their latest one called "A Complex of Cages" and listen to it before the festival.

https://www.lasercd.com/search_results?f[0]=cp_artist1:2827

EDIT: I've had a chance to check out Paladin. They are indeed talented, and should be a good addition to the PPUSA lineup. Dragonforce fans should really appreciate them, for I would describe their sound as "Dragonforce-like with some growls".

EDIT: Added Psychotic Waltz, Evergrey, and Galneryus to my list. Daggum this is going to be a great festival.

Last edited:
Poets Of The Fall because I never ever thought I would be able to see them on US soil.
Seventh Wonder because even though I have seen them multiple times at PPUSA, they are so, so good live.
Threshold because the new album is very good and I really didn't appreciate them when seeing their last appearance at PPUSA.
Secret Sphere because..... Michele Luppi.
Subsignal because their albums are so gloriously produced.

Reactions: NorseBlood and Kez
Orden Ogan, Secret Sphere, and Galneryus are my 3 essential bands. Beyond that, I'm really looking forward to Insomnium, Evergrey, Demons & Wizards, and Paladin.

D&W...I knew Glenn would get it done eventually!!!!
Orden Ogan...they slayed a couple years ago...will do again!
Sub Signal...love the diversity for the festival...
Poets of the Fall... expecting the most diverse set...
Threshhold...always great....
and now...Paladin...great kick in the nuts to start Friday night

Of course Evergrey will be a highlight...they always are
Secret Sphere... Michael Luppi will shame all other singers ;-)

Orden Ogan, Sorcerer. How did I miss Sanctuary being added? Is that the Pretty Maids replacement?