Who's everyone looking forward to seeing for PPXV?

I'm almost 100% positive i'm going next year. The posts in the "perspective of a first timer" thread have swayed my opinion. I don't really get the chance to connect with that many metal fans up here in CT, so the social aspect is big for me. The only band i'm a fan of on the lineup is Seventh Wonder, but i've been checking out some other bands on the lineup and i'm interested in Orden Ogan and Pagans Mind. I like a few (Jorn-era) Masterplan songs as well, but i'm not sure if i'll be able to stay through Saturday. I'm hoping to at least do Thursday and Friday though.

So yeah, I am definitely eating my words that I posted in the SW topic about how the lineup isn't worth it this year. I'm looking forward to a new experience.

I'm happy to hear you're considering coming, in case you still think I hate you. :lol:

However, if you're going to make the trip all the way to Atlanta, pay for two nights of hotel, flights, etc... staying through the whole festival won't make a huge difference financially. Trust me. We're talking no more than $150, and you'll get to experience the full thing.

It will be the best decision you'll ever make. I did it as a fan in 2002 for the first time. Haven't stopped since.

I was already in for a ticket when Disperse was announced. That's all it took for me. All of the other amazing stuff in the roster is icing.

Remedy Lane will be amazing. Streets will be killer. Celestial Entrance will be boss. I mean, seriously, I'm sad tickets aren't on sale already, cause I'd've bought. Credit card bill be damned, see you marvelous bastards in 2014.

This is a tough year for me, because there isn't anyone on the lineup I'm dying to see. Top of the list probably would have been Pain Of Salvation, if I hadn't seen them twice this year. Still, it would be better to see the band with their full compliment and without Daniel getting sicker by the moment.

Next will probably be Jon Oliva, because how often do you get to see the man do classic stuff? Then Leprous, now that they have two more albums under them.

Of the new bands, Voodoo Circle would be the top because of Readman, but don't have a feel for any of them yet. Masterplan would have been more interesting to me if Jorn was still with them.

If you have any doubts, just listen to one full song from any of the bands...there is literally not one that isnt good, or that you couldn't grow to like.
Everybody is top notch and there is a great range of styles.

My only quibble is no female-fronted bands this year, unless they pick up some guests.

As of right now, I want to see STREETS and REMEDY LANE the most.
I listened to remedy lane for the first time and had to stop halfway through because I was crying from the awesomeness.

The only band I'm shaky on is Withem, and thats because they havent even released a CD.

I'm going to keep repping my Playlist of Doom
http://open.spotify.com/user/1251510...MX8jkEiPbEnS6b

Because I keep getting comments on it. If you can listen to the whole thing and still not want to go, you should get off these boards, and then take a healthy spoonful of epsom salt to liquefy your bowels.

#1 Streets!!!!!!!!!
#2 Divided Multitude... I've loved them since their debut album Inner Self came out in 1999!
#3 Overkill... thraaaash!!!!!
#4 Leprous

The rest is gravy. Everything in next year's lineup looks good.

Honestly, the only band I'm really DYING to see this year are Orden Ogan. The lineup's really light on Euro power, which is my biggest attraction by far. Strato would be cool to see once, but I could miss that and not die. Withem is good from what I hear, Divided Multitude is decent, Masterplan's pretty good, but I never liked Pain of Salvation, or any Savatage albums besides "Wake of Magellan" and "Dead Winter Dead"...

I'll have to check out Leprous and Draekon to see if I'm going to fall in love with either of them, but for right now, I'm having doubts about whether spending $800 to fly out and see Orden Ogan play for an hour is going to be worth it for me...

1: Orden Ogan (I love this band and am so psyched they're playing)
2: Stratovarius (Never have seen them and am very happy to see them at Center Stage)
3: JOP (At IX they were easily the best set of the fest.)
4: Leprous (Pissed I missed them at the showcase. Psyched as all hell I get to see them)
5: Divided Multitude (Color me intrigued. I haven't heard of them before, but what I have heard really sounds interesting)
6: Pagans Mind (They were great at X, but them doing over 2 hours will be amazing)
7: Masterplan (Always liked what I heard and am surprised it took this long but am psyched to see them)
8: DGM (missed them previously)
9: Pain of Salvation (It will be awesome to hear old stuff)
10: Seventh Wonder (missed them previously)
11: Voodoo Circle (I like what I hear)
12: Overkill (I will be seeing them in a few months, so seeing them here probably won't be as high up if I hadn't seen them)
13: Withem (Don't know much about them, sound decent)
14: Dreakon (Same as above)
15: Disperse (The one band I really don't like what I hear, but I may check them out)

I am not a Stratovarius fan these days, but they were the band that introduced me to ProgPower back in 2005. That was my first real metal show. It'll be nice for the nostalgia factor.

Very interested to see how Overkill goes over at PP. I have a feeling they will wipe the floor with most bands. They usually do. I don't listen to them often but their live show is phenomenal and puts 99% of younger thrash bands to shame.

The one I am looking forward to the most is Seventh Wonder. Mercy Falls is a great record.

Streets
Remedy Lane (and whatever they come up with for Weds night)
Mercy Falls.

Even if those were the only three bands playing, I'd probably be there just for that.

1) Pagans Mind doing Celestial Entrance is wet dream stuff for me. That album hit me hard when it came out and I listened to it for a solid year straight.

2) Orden Ogan. My favourite power metal band right now.

3) Seventh Wonder

Thinking seriously already bout making the big trip over.

Lol, I seem to be the only Disperse fanboy. I hope someone brings lots of copies of their album, because I think they're going to be a surprise hit.

1: Orden Ogan (I love this band and am so psyched they're playing)
2: Stratovarius (Never have seen them and am very happy to see them at Center Stage)
3: JOP (At IX they were easily the best set of the fest.)
4: Leprous (Pissed I missed them at the showcase. Psyched as all hell I get to see them)
5: Divided Multitude (Color me intrigued. I haven't heard of them before, but what I have heard really sounds interesting)
6: Pagans Mind (They were great at X, but them doing over 2 hours will be amazing)
7: Masterplan (Always liked what I heard and am surprised it took this long but am psyched to see them)
8: DGM (missed them previously)
9: Pain of Salvation (It will be awesome to hear old stuff)
10: Seventh Wonder (missed them previously)
11: Voodoo Circle (I like what I hear)
12: Overkill (I will be seeing them in a few months, so seeing them here probably won't be as high up if I hadn't seen them)
13: Withem (Don't know much about them, sound decent)
14: Dreakon (Same as above)
15: Disperse (The one band I really don't like what I hear, but I may check them out)

I'm just about with you on this list. Though Voodoo Circle and and Masterplan are higher up on my list. Orden and Divided maybe down a bit. Just a really solid lineup from beginning to end on both days. I've been going for 10-11 years now and I can't remember any this solid. This better be a sell out, and I'm really glad to have my Gold Badges for this one. Thursday w/ Pagan's doing a 2.5 hour set!!!! Wow, that will be killer.

Call me extremely biased but I'm most excited to see PoS. I'm very curious how they'll pull of some of the RL songs that haven't typically been played live. After that Leprous for sure.