Who's everyone looking forward to seeing for PPXV?

Call me extremely biased but I'm most excited to see PoS. I'm very curious how they'll pull of some of the RL songs that haven't typically been played live. After that Leprous for sure.

BTW, your track on the PP sampler is pretty killer. I can't wait for the new cd!!

Lol, I seem to be the only Disperse fanboy. I hope someone brings lots of copies of their album, because I think they're going to be a surprise hit.

Make it two fanboys! When I saw the twitter post and Disperse was the first band announced, I believe I let out a healthy "HOLY FUCK DISPERSE!!". My fiancé just laughed at my fanboyishness :lol:

The band I am most looking forward to is Pain of Salvation, with no contest what with Remedy Lane being one of my favorite progressive metal albums and all. Followed by Seventh Wonder and Jon Oliva's Pain.

Jon Oliva's Pain - 'Streets" - This sells it alone for me...
Stratovarius - Gonna be great to see them again...
Masterplan - Glad they finally made it, should be awesome.
Overkill - After all these years, will be glad to see them trash around!!!
Voodoo Circle - Glad they are getting a shot here... Good stuff, Readman's got a great voice.

Will check out:
Seventh Wonder
Orden Ogan
Withern
Disperse

This lineup really is something else, man. It's practically the best possible lineup for me. In order of excitement right now:

Pain of Salvation. Obviously. Two sets? Oh baby.

Leprous. I was hoping to hell they'd play. They're my favorite band around right now that I haven't seen live.

Seventh Wonder. MERCY FALLS.

Orden Ogan
Jon Oliva's Pain
Pagan's Mind
Masterplan
Withem - the only song I've heard has my attention. This might end up being REALLY good.
Stratovarius - this can be really fun, but I don't expect them to be playing my favorites.

Lol, I seem to be the only Disperse fanboy. I hope someone brings lots of copies of their album, because I think they're going to be a surprise hit.

I introduced them to a friend of mine who's planning on coming for the first time next year. They might end up being his favorite band of the fest by next year.

Friday night is the big one for me. Four bands I actually care about seeing. You can add Overkill if they play "Coma". It is good to see Masterplan finally grace the PPUSA stage. Sad that no Female-fronted bands will grace the stage this year.

Really good line-up and tough to pick, but I have to say Pagan's Mind. Been a big fan for a long time. I am also looking forward to Seventh Wonder. I got into "Mercy Falls" after their show.

I would love to see a guitar duel between Simone Mularoni and Jorn Vigo Lofstad. Both guitarists are just ridiculously good.

Bryant

Also looking forward to Stratovarius, as I’ve never seen them live, and really liked the video clips from Divided Multitude and Voodoo Circle. Couldn't find their CDs in the vendor room, so will be searching for these online.

That's right, I forgot you weren't at PP USA VI. Stratovarius played their older (1990s) songs. It was a good setlist, but looking forward to the "new" Stratovarius featuring their old songs and the three new albums "Polaris". "Elysium" and "Nemesis". :headbang: :kickass:

What I'm looking forward to (in order of preference):

Stratovarius
Orden Ogan
Jon Olvia doing Savatage's Streets
Seventh Wonder
Masterplan
Divided Multitude
Leprous
Voodoo Circle

Bands I really want to find out more about:

Withem
Disperse
Overkill

For the kick-off show - I love both Pagan's Mind and DGM equally. Never heard of Draekon but I liked what I heard! :)

For me, although the lineup as a whole looks really good, but honestly next year is 80% about two bands, and 90% about 4 bands.

Seventh Wonder -- One of my 5 favorite bands, **amazing** in concert
Pain of Salvation -- One of my 5 favorite bands, **amazing** in concert

DGM -- Blew me away at PPUSA a few years ago, been a fan ever since
Pagan's Mind -- Great band who puts on an amazing live performance, Celestial Entrance is my fave disc of theirs

Withem -- Loved Illusion Suite, looking forward to hearing the disc
Jon Oliva's Pain -- A classic ProgPower moment, even though I'm not a *huge* Savatage fan
Leprous -- Great musicians and on paper I *should* like them, but they never really grabbed me...need another listen
Stratovarius -- Not a fan, but they're great musicians and I'm sure I'll enjoy their set
Disperse -- Never heard of them, but clip sounded very interesting...guitarist obviously VERY good
Masterplan -- Not a huge fan, but I'm sure I'll enjoy their set...wish Jorn was still with them
Divided Multitude -- vaguely familiar, clip sounded good
Voodoo Circle -- Unknown to me, but I liked what I heard from the clip...good, old-school blues-based rock/metal
Orden Ogan -- Don't know them at all, clip sounded decent (for Power Metal, which I'm not into)
Overkill -- ***completely*** not my thing, but that's OK...good point in the lineup to get dinner

Having said that...

--I'd be there just for Seventh Wonder.
--I'd be there just for PoS.

Having BOTH and some other bands I really like makes it a killer lineup for me. :)

Craig

That's right, I forgot you weren't at PP USA VI. Stratovarius played their older (1990s) songs. It was a good setlist, but looking forward to the "new" Stratovarius featuring their old songs and the three new albums "Polaris". "Elysium" and "Nemesis". :headbang: :kickass:

Looking forward to digging a little more into the newer material, as I got into Stratovarius with Elements parts 1 & 2. I have a boatload of playlists on my iPod that I use at the gym, and "Soul of a Vagabond" is featured on many of them!

You can add Overkill if they play "Coma".

Coma is iffy. They usually play it when they do a headlining (1.5 hour) set, but rarely if they only have 40-45 minutes.

.....Its been a year and a half since they released The Electric Age, so I'd be pretty positive that they'll be supporting a new album by then and the new disc will get a lot of play, which doesn't bode well for Coma.

Edit: I didn't look closely enough at the times - my apologies. 75 minutes sounds like a good possibility for Coma. :)

For me:

Must see:
Jon Oliva's Pain - Savatage fan from the early 80s, even through Fight For The Rock. Streets is my favorite concept album of all time.
Stratovarius - Oddly, not so much a fan of their newer stuff, so we shall see. I probably just need to immerse myself in it for a month. :)
Seventh Wonder - Mercy Falls is a classic. I can't wait for this.
Pagan's Mind - Yes. Yes. Yes.
Orden Ogan - Not that familiar with them, but most because of lack of time. Anything I play by them tends to be an automatic like.

Looking forward to:
DGM - I like what I've heard.. time to invest some time in them.
Overkill - Not critical, since I saw them this spring and will see them headlining with Kreator in November, but a nice change of pace from all that power/prog. :) Blitz can still sing like he's 20.
Voodoo Circle - Not a huge David Reademan fan, but I loved Silent Force, so Alex Beyrodt's guitars do it for me.
Masterplan - Hopefully a Jørn greatest hits set, but I'm just a fan of the first two albums - I never really caught on to the later works, even Time To Be King.
Pain of Salvation - I need to listen more to them. Was never a huge fan - they're a bit of an acquired taste, I think.
Thought Chamber - I love this addition - very accessible prog.

Need much more time to listen to:
Divided Multitude
Leprous
Withem

Not at all familiar with these 3... but I didn't know any Myrath or Wolf before this years show, and I thought they were amazing. Past results, etc.. :)

Very interested to see how Overkill goes over at PP. I have a feeling they will wipe the floor with most bands. They usually do. I don't listen to them often but their live show is phenomenal and puts 99% of younger thrash bands to shame.
It would have been kind of cool to have them perform Years of Decay front to back, as it will be the 25th anniversary of that classic record (and because it's awesome). But they have decades of great material to draw from, so I certainly won't mind a compilation of their best live material either.

One of my absolute favorite live bands. One more reason that next year is looking to be my best ProgPower experience yet.

- Chris