Who's everyone looking forward to seeing for PPXV?

zinescene

Feb 11, 2002
Michigan
www.myspace.com
I have to say for me personally I am very intrigued by Withem based on the demo's I've heard online and I am really getting into Leprous. Love the song Foe from there new release and the whole thing is just solid.

I've seen Pagan's Mind and was blown away by them last time I saw them and I saw Masterplan in England in '03 and am really looking forward to seeing them again.

The whole lineup is solid and I have lots of homework to catch up on before September 2014 so by then my thoughts could be leaning toward Divided Multitude, Orden Ogan or Disperse, they all sound interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
(sort of in order)

1. Pain of Salvation
2. Leprous
3. Jon Oliva's Pain
4. Seventh Wonder / Orden Ogan
5. Masterplan
6. Stratovarius / Overkill
7. Disperse
8. Divided Multitude
9. Withem
10. Voodoo Circle

It's really hard to create a real order as to who I want to see the most. I am genuinely interested in 80% of the lineup, where the bottom 3 I just need to familiarize myself a little more. I like what I hear, though.

Interestingly enough, my ever-diminishing list of "bands to see before I die" will get even smaller after PPUSA next year. Leprous, Seventh Wonder, Orden Ogan and Masterplan are on that list.

I just walk around yelling out at random times: "STREETS!!!!!"
I used to come here to see all the characters. I never thought I'd be one of them.

1. Pain of Salvation
2. Leprous
3. Disperse
4. Pagan's Mind
5. Jon Oliva's Pain

There are many that I need to check out in the meantime. I like the small bits I've heard of Withem, Orden Ogan and Divided Multitude especially.

I'm pretty much over the moon excited to see everyone! There is no particular order other than my two least favorite are Overkill and Jon Oliva's Pain.

Overkill because I've seen them so many times already, and JOP because I'm just not a huge Savatage fan (blasphemy I know!).

But I can guarantee I will still watch the entire Overkill and JOP sets and enjoy the hell out of them, just not as much as all the other bands :)

1. Orden Ogan
2. Stratovarius
3. Overkill
4. Pagan's Mind
5. Jon Oliva's Pain

I've seen Overkill twice, so it's not as exciting for me, as awesome as they are live. Got really into Orden Ogan this year, so I'm very happy about them, and I've been listening to Stratovarius for about as long as I've been listening to power metal, so it'll be great to finally get to see them. Pagan's Mind are a solid band, although I can't think of anything outstanding by them. Jon Oliva's Pain, just because Savatage, even though I was never a huge Savatage fan.

Okay I'll bite....

1. Pagans Mind
2. DGM (missed them previously)
3. Seventh Wonder (missed them previously)
4: Masterplan (just wish it could have been with Jorn)
5: Voodoo Circle (D Readman is awesome)
6: Jon Oliva's Pain
7: Orden Ogan
8: Withem
9: Divided Multitude
10: Stratovarius
11: PoS
12: Overkill
13: Dreakon sp?
14: Disperse

I am sure the kick off party will kick ass as well

Bear

I'm going to have to have some sort of bed pan or empty bottle available cause I want to see everything....also can I call for take out and have 'table' service for drinks?....I plan to be the new shorter female version of sword lord next year!

I'm almost 100% positive i'm going next year. The posts in the "perspective of a first timer" thread have swayed my opinion. I don't really get the chance to connect with that many metal fans up here in CT, so the social aspect is big for me. The only band i'm a fan of on the lineup is Seventh Wonder, but i've been checking out some other bands on the lineup and i'm interested in Orden Ogan and Pagans Mind. I like a few (Jorn-era) Masterplan songs as well, but i'm not sure if i'll be able to stay through Saturday. I'm hoping to at least do Thursday and Friday though.

So yeah, I am definitely eating my words that I posted in the SW topic about how the lineup isn't worth it this year. I'm looking forward to a new experience.

STREETS! STREETS!! STREETS!!! (Sorry, can’t help shouting…)

Also looking forward to Stratovarius, as I’ve never seen them live, and really liked the video clips from Divided Multitude and Voodoo Circle. Couldn't find their CDs in the vendor room, so will be searching for these online.

Thursday night looks awesome as well!