Just a few days...(Looking forward to?)

Fixxer315

May 4, 2012
We're only a few days away, and here is what I'm looking forward to the most:

Doro: I initially did not get days 1 & 2 since I wasn't that impressed with the lineup. However, once Doro was on board, I knew I had to see her. I missed several opportunities to see her in Atlanta over the last few years, and I wasn't going to miss her again.

Tarja: Haven't heard too much of her solo material, but I always dug her Nightwish music.

Sons of Apollo: Another replacement that I am looking forward to more than the initial choice. Yes, watching James Labrie would have been fun, but I didn't really know anything from his solo catalog and I've become familiar with the Sons of Apollo album.

Eclipse: They were the band that caught my ear the most on the promo video. Thus, I got a few of their albums, and I was suitability impressed.

Labyrinth: I picked up Return to Heaven Denied and it is an amazing album. I'm looking forward to seeing how it comes across live twenty years later.

Eclipse and Sons of Apollo are my 2 biggest bands I am looking forward to seeing (if I am able)

Voyager, as always.

Eclipse among the bands I was not previously aware of.

Definitely looking forward to the Persefone set as well.

I'm looking forward to most bands.

Labyrinth is my #1. Return to Heaven Denied is the best album to ever come out of Italy, and I've had it on repeat for almost a year now.

Triosphere was unknown to me before buying a ticket, but they might honestly be the band I'm next most excited about. The Heart of the Matter is one of my favourite records!

All of Day 1 is going to rule. I saw Nocturnal Rites last month, and this set will be twice as long, so it should be even better. I also saw Ross The Boss earlier this year, but you can never have too much Manowar. Gloryhammer is one of my favourite power metal bands, and I've never seen them. Voyager, while not a favourite band, is a blast live.

Angra are gods. No words really needed on why I'm excited for them.

Alestorm has been a favourite band of mine since the moment the debut dropped. I have a feeling the crowd at ProgPower will be much, much better than a typical Alestorm crowd.

Bloodbound is a band that I thought nobody liked except me. They don't really do anything exceptionally, but they've written a lot of great songs, so I'm pumped for them.

Eclipse/Manimal are two more bands like Triosphere that I'd never heard before, but now I dig both a lot. Eclipse in particular didn't catch my ear at first, and I only bought their new album last week and now love it. I'm glad I took a shot on that one.

Of the few bands I didn't mention, I'm still pretty excited to see Doro, Cellar Darling, and Tarja. I tried to get into Redemption and Sons of Apollo, but didn't really enjoy either. I'm not much of a prog guy, so even liking this many bands on the lineup is more than enough for me.

Looking forward to not having my travel plans fucked up by some twat named Gordon.

Other than that I could damned sure use more Voyager and Anneke in my life, and I intend to have both!

Ross the Boss
Eclipse
Manimal
Bloodbound
Alestorm
Gloryhammer

First time attendee and I am excited as hell.

As I will not be there Wed or Thurs, my choices don't include those days.
In no particular order. ..

Labyrinth
Sons of Apollo
Manimal
Redemption
Soen
Eclipse

I'm not planning on missing anything, but those are the one I look forward to seeing the most.