Looking forward to....

Oct 4, 2007
I've been to 2 PPUSA events--the one in 2007 (with the all star jam), as well as last years (actually, I was only able to attend on Saturday), but there are some things I am really looking forward to--beyond simply the bands:

The atmosphere and camaraderie: Most of the people I know wouldn't recognize a single band on any of the PPUSA bill, let alone this year's stellar lineup, so it's great to hang with a cool group of people who know and love this type of music.

The merchandise: To pick up much of the stuff that will be on sale downstairs, you have to go online. It's great to be able to do impulse shopping to find out what is out there.

The announcement videos: Glenn does a great job in putting together the videos for the next PPUSA, and I'm very interested to see who is coming next year--as well as what how the crowd reacts, particularly to headliners.

So, what are you looking forward to next week?

The announcement videos: Glenn does a great job in putting together the videos for the next PPUSA, and I'm very interested to see who is coming next year--as well as what how the crowd reacts, particularly to headliners.

Actually, Wayne Joyner creates the roster announcement videos. He spends countless hours on the project and deserves all due credit. :)

Glad you're looking forward to the event!

~Jen

This will be my 11th ProgPower...so hard to believe! I am looking forward to seeing all the friends we've made over the years, friends we only see once a year at ProgPower. But mostly I am looking forward to spending some fun time with my husband, who was with me at my first ProgPower in 2004 and wasn't my husband then! Plus I LOVE the roster video each year!!

This will be my 11th ProgPower...so hard to believe! I am looking forward to seeing all the friends we've made over the years, friends we only see once a year at ProgPower. But mostly I am looking forward to spending some fun time with my husband, who was with me at my first ProgPower in 2004 and wasn't my husband then! Plus I LOVE the roster video each year!!

swoon :saint: and I 2nd all of that! I love seeing our friends at our yearly pilgrimage, plus the anticipation of the roster video.

yes and very strange to say but the music is the bonus for me now, after all these years ( I cannot believe its been 13 1/2 years since PPUSA 1 :zombie:) its the one thing that is a MUST for me and the trip of my year that I look forward to the most. Glad you are enjoying it!!! :Smokedev:

I'm way to excited!!!!

Bear

I'm excited for Need, Withem, Seventh Wonder, Masterplan, Orden Ogan, and JOP in particular... all of the other people stuff is awesome, too. :)

I had been travelling from Mexico City to Atlanta since 2008, and will be for the years to come while PP last, for me in the great environment of the fest that worth the trip every year and I really enjoy the seeing the bands live, having a drink at Sausalito Grill with Mr. Ernesto, also all of you are a great audience, a lot of people see you and say hello at least, where are you from?, etc. For me it is the best time of the year.

Heavy metal music have been a way of life for me since I was a teenager, now I have a family (last year I had my wife and kids with me at Atlanta), have attended a lot of concerts in Mexico but now that I'm getting old the PP fest is the way to enjoy miself living my heavy metal dream every year.

Maybe next time I´m making the trip to Wacken just to see Running Wild (My all time fave band) but The Prog Power Fest is the best time I have ever had as a metal fan.

See ya at PP

Francisco

Listening to great music, meeting some good people, making some friends, meeting Jon Oliva, purchasing some merch, eating some good food, and partying with my metal sister (yes my real sister)

I had been travelling from Mexico City to Atlanta since 2008, and will be for the years to come while PP last, for me in the great environment of the fest that worth the trip every year and I really enjoy the seeing the bands live, having a drink at Sausalito Grill with Mr. Ernesto, also all of you are a great audience, a lot of people see you and say hello at least, where are you from?, etc. For me it is the best time of the year.

Heavy metal music have been a way of life for me since I was a teenager, now I have a family (last year I had my wife and kids with me at Atlanta), have attended a lot of concerts in Mexico but now that I'm getting old the PP fest is the way to enjoy miself living my heavy metal dream every year.

Maybe next time I´m making the trip to Wacken just to see Running Wild (My all time fave band) but The Prog Power Fest is the best time I have ever had as a metal fan.

See ya at PP

Francisco

Same here Chico. In Brazil Francisco is Chico...

Getting older (46 and counting) and getting intolerant to amateur gigs, huge delays, etc...

Nowadays I only go to Festivals (This year: 70000 Tons, PPM Fest and PP USA). Next year (70000 Tons, Wacken, PP USA and maybe one more).

Despite the fact that I do not talk to much because my main purpose is concentrate at the shows the atmosphere is great.

Richo

I'm looking forward most to seeing everyone after missing last year. The music, the bands returning to play ProgPower again...

And on a personal note, I'm looking forward to the first time flying down and flying back to get a taxi from the airport to my front door so I don't have to worry about the effect of little to no sleep :D

The atmosphere and camaraderie: Most of the people I know wouldn't recognize a single band on any of the PPUSA bill, let alone this year's stellar lineup, so it's great to hang with a cool group of people who know and love this type of music.

To be honest, for me it is getting to be that I am looking forward more to getting to hang out with such a cool group then the actual music during this thing. Like you said, most of the people that I know in my daily life would not recognize most of these bands, but yet here, I get to hang with a group a people that do know and love this music. I will admit that I have a few co-workers that also like this music and there is one guy that I see at the gym a lot that I swear, I think he stole my iPod, as his library is nearly identical to mine. Hell, he was every wearing an Evergrey shirt one time there! Of course, I told him about ProgPower and turned out I was just preaching to the choir, He wanted to go to this one, but just could not pull it off.

The merchandise: To pick up much of the stuff that will be on sale downstairs, you have to go online. It's great to be able to do impulse shopping to find out what is out there.

Oh tell me about it! I have been known to drop some serious cash in the vendor area stocking up on many of the latest albums that I could not otherwise get (short going online as mentioned, or using any of the download/streaming services - but I am still somewhat old-school that I like to get the actual album instead of just getting downloads)

Needless to say, I am friggan stoked for this. Going to be a tough two days at work this next week in anticipation of leaving Wednesday morning to head to Atlanta.

For me personally, it's a reunion of family, a great hang...looking forward to seeing you peeps!

I am really looking forward to seeing you as well, there Lance! Been awhile since the last meet-n-greet with you. Not had much chance to order anything from your site either this past year, so I am looking forward to checking out what you got for us this year as well.