PP8 - Who are you looking forward to most?

What one band are you most looking forward to seeing at PP8?

• After Forever

Votes: 15 10.7%
  • Communic

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Firewind

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Freak Kitchen

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • Pagan's Mind

Votes: 16 11.4%
  • Primal Fear

Votes: 14 10.0%
  • Redemption

• Raintime

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Sonata Arctica

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Threshold

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Vanden Plas

• Virgin Steele

Votes: 10 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is my list in order (AS OF NOW, it could change in the future):

After Forever
Redemption
Firewind
Freak Kitchen
Communic
Pagan's Mind
Vanden Plas
Sonata Arctica
Raintime
Virgin Steele
Threshold
you forgot Primal Fear:rolleyes:

Here is my order:

Raintime
Primal Fear
Redemption
Communic
Threshold
Vanden Plas
Firewind
After Forever
Virgin Steele
Freak Kitchen (Already seen)
Pagan's Mind (Already seen)
Sonata Arctica (Already seen)

This is an unfair poll, how can you vote for just one when the line-up is so frigging strong. So i put the names in a hat and had my daughter draw one, and it came out, PAGAN'S MIND. So that is how i voted.

Over 50 people voted and look at the spread. No runaway favorite. Very cool.
Hard for me to place an order of who I want to see most since there are five bands for me all in the top spot, but I'll organize them from least seen to most:

After Forever (never seen; Very Excited!!)
Firewind (seen once: blew me away)
Pagan's Mind (already seen; can't wait to again!)
Vanden Plas (seen twice; awesome both times, but last time the best)
Sonata Arctica (seen multiple times; love this band)
Redemption (Love the new CD!)
Threshold (I really like this band, esp. the mixed vox, interesting melodies. Only down on the list due to very strong line-up)
Primal Fear (Again, in a less stellar line-up, they'd place much higher. Love the guitar work.)
Communic (been getting into them heavily this year. gotta see 'em live!)
Raintime (new to me; highly intrigued)
Freak Kitchen (didn't give them enough of a chance last year; will succumb to peer pressure this time around)
Virgin Steele (saw them in L.I. Fun show but not remarkable. I think they will do better in front of the PP audience.)

Overall, I'm loving this lineup. Was very hard to place anyone at the top or bottom. Would have been more accurate to clump them in two groups; "MOST want to see" and "DEFINITELY will check out.":headbang:

My order;

Sonata Arctica
Firewind
Freak Kitchen
Raintime
Pagan's Mind
Redemption
Communic
Primal Fear

Haven't listened to any Threshold, Vanden Plas and I don't want to see After Froever basically.

My order:

Sonata Arctica (I've seen them before, but they're one of my favorite bands ever and they're fun live)
Communic
Raintime
After Forever
Redemption
Vanden Plas
Freak Kitchen
Firewind
Primal Fear
Threshold
Pagan's Mind
Virgin Steele

This is an unfair poll, how can you vote for just one when the line-up is so frigging strong.
This year's line up is amazing and there are mulitple bands that I am extatic about seeing and many others that I'm (at the very least) looking forward to giving a chance and checking out.

Over 50 people voted and look at the spread. No runaway favorite. Very cool.
That just goes to show how strong this line-up really is. Even if you don't like every band on the bill this year, there is something on there for everyone. There is not a single band on that list that anyone could rightfully or knowledgably say doesn't belong at ProgPower or doesn't contribute to the overall experience of the festival.

For me, the order goes something like this:
After Forever (never seen before; Incredibly excited!!!)
Sonata Arctica (seen once before; love them and looking forward to seeing them in a PP setting)
Pagan's Mind (never seen, but love their stuff; looking forward to hanging out with these guys - again!)
Freak Kitchen (didn't take the opportunity to see them last year and totally regret it; won't let that happen again this year)
Primal Fear (Metal is forever! What else can I say? These guys rock!)
Virgin Steele (my boyfriend has been pounding them into my ears since he discovered them, and I do love their somewhat "classic" metal sound. How can I not look forward to this one?)
Threshold (I like the progressive, but powerful nature of this band and their lyrics have blown me away; prog is always better live to me, so I'm sure I'm in for a treat)
Communic (like Nevermore, but IMO better; can't wait to see them live)
Firewind (I love me some power metal, so I think this band is going to move up my list pretty quick)
Vanden Plas (what I've heard is good, but considering the strong reactions on the forum I don't think I've given this band enough of a chance ... yet)
Redemption (heard their stuff, but it's taking awhile to grow on me; excited to see if they wow me live)
Raintime (fairly new to me; looking forward to checking them out)

:headbang: