Another "look what I scored" post

mintcheerios

Dec 21, 2007
A few days ago I saw DSS3's post about his craigslist find on 5 Audix D2 mics for 200 or so dollars. I got a little jealous and started looking in my own area (Dallas/Ft. Worth) for deals. It turns out this guy was selling 3 Audix D2's for $150. This was perfect so I scheduled to meet him earlier today. It turns out he recorded a demo for Drowning Pool which later helped them get their record deal. He was really cool even after I arrived late due to the highway turning into one lane for miles. I got to see his studio which was a fairly small room but filled to the brim with music equipment and bass traps. It was apparent that he was downsizing his gear. He tested all the mics in front of me to show that they all worked. When I paid him he threw in a free Audix D3. After telling him that I was planning on starting my own project studio, he showed me his mic collection some of which he was selling. He had a pair of Oktava 012's he was selling for $100! At the time I wish I had known how to differentiate between the Russian version and the Chinese version, but I realized it was still a good deal even if they were the Chinese ones. I came home and did some research and realized that I have the pre-2002 Russian models (with dimple contact point, white screws, and silver contact pin).

So for $250 I got this:
score.jpg

One of the D2's looks different, but I suppose it's just an older model.

class- thats a savage deal, all you need is nice kick and snare mics and you've got a hell of a drum mic set.
just got an audix Dp5a for 325 euro there myself in absolutely mint condition, i'm chuffed to bits!

I actually got the Audix Dp5a kit for about the same price thanks to your tip to look on ebay. My mic set is complete now (though I guess I could use a ribbon mic or two). Now I just need to build some bass traps so I can start recording and make a a buck :).