Another Movie: World Trade Center

Finally got to see WTC on Saturday. It was a really good movie and well worth the cries. How these two Port Authority cops managed to survive all they went through and then to be found is truly a miracle. I can't think of a better way to describe it. What I didn't know is that there was actually a third cop who survived the initial fall and, in fact, wasn't pinned at all. He was completely fine, standing up and trying to get one of the officers out from under a block of cement. When the second tower went down, though, thats when he got crushed and died. Very sad. I think the biggest lesson I take away from this movie is that although I already knew that the people who risk their lives are heroes, just how much the families have to give up in order so that their loved ones can protect and serve the public is something I never really thought about before. I mean, if I hear about a serviceman or woman who dies, I feel bad for the family, of course. But to see what the stress did to these women and their families is something I overlooked for a long time. Not any more.

Gibba said:
Why reduce it to party political 'what ifs'? Why shift the focus from Bin Laden to Iraq who had nothing to do with 9/11? Vested interest pehaps?
Could you please expande on your "vested interest" comment? Some details perhaps?

tomass74 said:
They had him when Clinton was president. Clinton let him go......
Exactly! It's been well documented! I don't like getting into politcal debates, because most people these days just blame Bush for everything that's ever happened! They can't see that one side really isn't any better than the other.