another new Abigail Williams track up - solo

James Murphy

Mar 26, 2002
Abigail Williams have posted another song from the new album that i did for them on their myspace. it's the top track, The World Beyond.

and it's the song i played my guest solo on as well. so check it.

IMHO you did a great job James, you can hear all the instruments very clear...maybe the bass its a little low in the mix or my cheap speakers dont work that good. The drums are more than great...I guess you cant go wrong with Trym. Love how the keyboard textures are in the mix, not too loud or too low. The piano parts are a little too "upfront" for me, but they are really good.

...and the solo, wow what a solo James, you can tell is you, like it a lot!

Seems like this is gonna be a very good album :)

I was originally guna guest solo on that one :rolleyes: haha
But yours shits all over what I sent ken!

That 6505? tone and song is awesome - you and ken have done awesome jobs on both fronts.
This ones well epic, look forward to hangin with those cats again next week!

The mix is great. Love the solo too... quality trademark JM harmony at the end! the relentless blasts and 16th kicks don't irritate me either, which is often something that gets overbearing in this genre.

Sounds like they've progressed from black-dahlia-murder-with-keys and ventured into full on emperor/dimmu territory.
Musically that style hasn't really been my thing since 1998 when I realised that no matter how cool the boba fett lookalike artwork was on Old Man's Child's "Ill Natured Spiritual Invasion", I just much preferred death metal. haha :) I think it is mostly due to the plinkety plonk Alton Towers piano parts and the abundance of orchestration.

That however is just my stance on black metal and therefore irrelevant... so back on topic: Great mix, and good music if it's your thing!