Another of my symphonic metal songs. Check it out guys!

Really awesome production for not having the time to mix. If you don't mind me asking, what type of eq do you do on the East West Symphonic Orchestra Gold? I use that for my music which is symphonic black metal and I was really impressed with what you were able to get out of it. Do you have a separate bus you run all of the orchestra through?

For the orchestra, I process every instrument individually and then I route everything into the orchestra bus.

Mostly I HP/LP every instrument into each frequency ranges (except for cellos and contrabasses, that I really cut down low frequencies to fit with the real bass in mix) and compress to taste. I ussually boost the 600-1khz area on violins a lil bit to bring up the bow sound and the 3-4kHz area on cellos/basses to get them more present (as i chopped down most of their sound with the low cuts)

Orchestra bus has some compression, some nice warm soft saturation and finally large hall reverb in moderate dry/wet blend to keep things clean but BIG.

And I think that's all ;)

Hey Dandelium!
Awesome work as always. But how did you manage Superior to sound like this? :worship:
Mind sharing a screenshot of your settings you used on the snare? I just want to get an idea how you got there...

Well, i don't like to post pics of my drums settings, not because i wanted to keep them secret, but because it's embarassing to me to show you all "how i work". You will understand what i say when u see the pics (and try to understand wth is going on there...)

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/425433/snare.jpg
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/425433/snare2.jpg

The numbers are the order i'm following in the fx chain.

The mess has an explanation: I'm constantly changing and improving the sound, so there are a lot of layers of work there, if I want to change something i ussually add another layer of EQ, compression, or whatever. So I end up with 234 compressors and 449 EQs :D
These plugins in the pic are the snare chain only. Each piece of the drumset is linked to a similar chain with different settings, so imagine the mess when someone asks me for "my S2.0 Preset..." I have to take screenshots of EVERYTHING, so, it means a shitload of worthless pics :D

Cheers!!:D

Your work is the best argument for my philosophy. You are completely out of control and you ignore every rule. And that IS the reason why it sounds so damn good. That's something most of my german colleagues will never understand.

Well done, man!