Another passive Pickup Shootout (PRS vs BKP vs Seymour Duncan)

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
I finally found the guitar I really like the Aftermath in!

anyways, here's a comparison of the
PRS HFS
Duncan SH-4
BKP Aftermath

Please watch in 1080p HD

Last edited by a moderator:
Duncan>BKP>PRS for me.

Duncan in particular really stands out as the best to me in this shootout, took a few listens between the BK and PRS and I think I prefer the BK just a little bit.

I like the PRS HFS best. It sounds the most brutal out of the 3. Not really liking that aftermath. Seems like its more of a pickup for djent.

i liked the SH4 and HFS best. they both sound 'bigger' than the aftermath, which suits the riffs in this case.

Once again, I gotta say HFS > JB >>> BKP; the HFS just feels "flatter" to me, for lack of a better word, in comparison to the JB, which when I hear it conjures images of an overall smiley-face eq (slightly hyped in the 2-5k range or so, which I must confess I'm not in love with, and also in the lows), making the mids feel less prominent and full than the HFS to my ears (which could prove more useful in a mix, dunno). The BKP, on the other hand, sounds excessively middy and a bit honky to my ears, not a fan.

I'm biased but I feel like the Aftermath and Duncan sound the same. PRS has a growly character that I like.