Passive Pups: SH-15 vs Aftermath

Which one do you prefer?

• Total voters
I'm gonna go with the Aftermaths (B) ... why? Because I've had a 7-string set in my Ibanez 1527 tuned to drop Ab since they first put them out for the public. They're phenomenal pups. Though they are considered "high-output" by BKP standards, they feel more mid-output since it's a very controlled tone. They're similar to the Painkillers except with tamer mids (Painkillers have a huge mid spike which is great for a "djent" sound) and are a bit punchier IMO. I'm on the fence on getting an 8-string set of Aftermaths since the SD Blackouts are sounding amazing (much better than EMG-808s IMO too). Most of my post wasn't relevant to the topic at hand, but meh ... I <3 teh Aftermaths

My issue with all my BKP Pickups (Miracle Man and Painkiller) is the low end is never tight enough. its actually the complaint most people have about them. They sound great but the low end is just too loose. They work, but I think there are better choices for metal.

That being said I LOVE my Miracle Mans for the Hard Rock stuff I do :)

My issue with all my BKP Pickups (Miracle Man and Painkiller) is the low end is never tight enough. its actually the complaint most people have about them. They sound great but the low end is just too loose. They work, but I think there are better choices for metal.

Really?

What amp are you using them through, because I've really never found pickups to make a guitar loose, that's more the amp's job. Sure, you might have to EQ them a bit differently than your other pickups, but my Nailbombs in my Jackson and Painkiller in my LP are the tightest sounding pickups I've ever heard :err:

I couldn't agree more

I've asked this question a few times on this forum, and never really received a reply, and no, I am not trolling. I would really like to know what constitutes a tight-low end? All the clips I've heard that people claim have a tight-low end.. to me... they just sound like the low end had been sculpted to remove some mud.

Which personally... I don't think is the pickups job.

Well, actually, that's a silly thing to say, because all pickups have a certain response. I guess I just don't hear this lack of tightness as a problem. If I want tighter... I EQ or use a TS... if I don't... I don't...