Another practice amp topic

tides

Jun 30, 2009
BE
www.myspace.com
I know there have been some topics about this already, but I'm really in need of advice. I am looking to buy a cheap practice amp to use at home, preferably a combo. In the past, I've used a H&K Warp 7 combo, which was pretty nice, but quite unreliable. I don't care for transistor/tube/..., as long as it's high gain and packs some punch/Oomph. I just need a small metal beast that can operate a bedroom levels (unlike my 6505 combo :worship:), while still offering good enough tone to make it enjoyable to play.

Could you share some tips? Many thanks in advance!

- edit; did I mention that I'm on a tight budget?

Get the Peavy Vypyr if you need an amp.

I have the 30 watt version and it's a kickass practice amp.

Get the Peavy Vypyr if you need an amp.

I have the 30 watt version and it's a kickass practice amp.

I'm indeed delving into the vypyr series (15-30 watt). They get pretty good reviews (for ~100 dollar practice amps).

Amp sims are out, only because I need a plug and play solution.

Latest Line 6 Spider IV is good. Avoid the III version at all costs, it sounds like absolute dog shit compared to the IV.
I like the Roland Cubes too. The only thing that shits about me about the Cube is the noise gate is permanently on and I always had to have a boost pedal in front to increase the sustain, otherwise it would just cut off way too early for my liking (and I'm talking about using my high quality guitars btw, not shit house instruments)