amp on a budget

I thought it was a xxx now i got some conformation but yea peavey ultra plus...
yea I'm very very happy with mine and with a Marshall 1960 cab it fucking killz:headbang: :headbang:

plus the logo lights up and changes color on different channels how freaking cool is that!:loco:

www.dyingsociety.com
i did my band recording with this amp and its only amp used in this recording we both played through it!!

A friend of mine had the Ultra Plus but he says that this head was very fizzy and it sounded decent only with a tube screamer in front.
I think it wasn't a XXX with different cosmetics..

probably needs some different tubes or something cause mine is far far far from fizzy.

thats funny cause a xxx pedal works with this head perfect and all the channels are named the same and is same watts and everything! funny 5150 pedal works too but channels are named different and like clean channel on pedal activates distortion.

Funny how similar the xxx is to this amp i think it was the model they changed to a xxx :)

If they are the same as the XXX, the general consensus seems to be el34s work best in them. I have jj6l6s in mine and it sounds sweet. I use a Bad Monkey in front as a boost which works very well.