amp on a budget

do not buy line 6, buy that valveking if anything or a mesa but god no peavey bandit either i used to own one and it not worth the money in my eyes.

I will never buy anything that is not tube again :headbang: I don't know what i was thinking wasting so much money on solid state gear for years but all it took was a peavey ultra plus ...Pretty much the xxx before it was made.... and a Mic in front of the marsh 4x12 with that ultra plus pushing it and i quickly took my Randall solid state to sell!!!!!!!!

Funny cause i payed 490.00 for my Randall solid state head and i got both my peavey ultra plus head and Marshall 1960 cab for 400 bucks!! Funny how that works guess GOD was feeling bad i bought a solid state :headbang: :saint: :headbang:

Christ, that sounds good, EX! What cab/mic?

I was always under the impression that the Caliber's weren't very gainy - do you think they'd handle more modern death/blackmetal with a TS?

Also - how does the 50 cal. compare to the Dual Caliber series?

ok this mix is fucked and my ears are cashed, but you get the idea

http://www.allcapsrecording.com/media/boogieclip.MP3
i love the guitar in that clip :headbang:
so dude
is this caliber on the ebay link generally the same as yours and would it be powerful enough, gigwise? because i will tell my guitarist to go for this auction before it ends
Does anyone know any uk suppliers of mesa amps so i can get a rough idea of how high to go in the auction
and does anyone have any valveking clips to compare to this mesa clip?
thanks:) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MESA-BOOGIE-ST...QQcmdZViewItem

i love the guitar in that clip :headbang:
so dude
is this caliber on the ebay link generally the same as yours and would it be powerful enough, gigwise? because i will tell my guitarist to go for this auction before it ends
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MESA-BOOGIE-ST...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks alot guys!

It is a 50 watt tube amp, now mine is a head, but yes it is extremely friggin loud. In fact it is louder than my Marshall 50 for whatever reason, if you're talking about the studio caliber it's 22 watts, probably not loud enough for a full on deafening stage volume gig.It's application dependent I guess. My 22 watt fender deluxe reverb through a 4x12 is pretty damn loud.

Christ, that sounds good, EX! What cab/mic?

I was always under the impression that the Caliber's weren't very gainy - do you think they'd handle more modern death/blackmetal with a TS?

Also - how does the 50 cal. compare to the Dual Caliber series?

thanks again!
Marshall jcm800 cab with V30's. 57 on axis. TS in front, no gain on the screamer. I've never played the dual caliber series, but it was a contemporary, I assume it's 2 channels of the same. The 22 caliber was Cobain's primary noise maker, so take that for what it's worth, but yes it does high gain, in fact it is the gainest head I have next to my triple xxx, the gain in that clip is at around 6, and really if you hear the lack of pick definition I'd say it's TOO gainy in that instance. Definitely worth $400 bones

Razorjack: is this the specific valve king you where talking about?
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/valve-king-212/68977
its the same price as your store and it looks great

the valveking looks the best so far but i havent had much guitar amp experience before, so im just wondering if theres anything about these amps that hasnt been mentioned or any other amps?

That's the one, it's an awesome sounding amp and the full set of Ruby tubes you get in it are great.

Damn! I'm the asshole who recommended the spider!:lol: Yeah, I "auditioned" the new one, and for 4 bills, it's not bad to me. I have owned a spider combo, in the past. That fucking piece of shit! Every time I touched it, something would break on the plastic piece of shit! So yeah, I guess I would definetly not rely on a spider for a gig.:lol: That 50 caliber amp sounds pretty bitchin, though. Nice clip, Dave!

i tried the valve king out and was not to bad actually.

I thing with a retube with some good tubes and a good cab or speakers you would be in the game!!

i guess what I'm saying is the valve king is way way better than any solid state in my eyes but i mean there is much better tube amps but cost more!!

look up the peavey ultra plus with the logo that lights up and try and get one they sell used for around 400 or so and there a sleeper amp for sure!:headbang: :headbang:

look up the peavey ultra plus with the logo that lights up and try and get one they sell used for around 400 or so and there a sleeper amp for sure!:headbang: :headbang:

Someone at a show I went to the other day had one. Looked cool and sounded very good, considering it was being run through a berhinger cab...