~$1,200 budget, need new amp

The 333 is suppose to be a XXX, and it does sound better IMO after A/B'ing through the same everything, it has better mids and an altered tonestack. The 333XL is suppose to be a JSX, not sure how it fares against the real deal though, I've owned a JSX and wasn't 100% happy with it, and have never played the Bugera 333XL. However, I can say that the 333 is NOT suppose to be a JSX in any way...I'd honestly rather use the 333 than a Peavey JSX.

Yes, it's just a switch on the back of the amp Marcus :) I'm not able to give a perfect description like Peavey would, but from what I can tell, starting on Low, going to Mid and then to High the differences I'm hearing is each step up is just louder and more presence in the sound basically.

~006

The 333 is suppose to be a XXX... The 333XL is suppose to be a JSX...

Oh, in terms of features and controls, absolutely. No question. I just find it hard to believe that a budget (no offense) MFR like Bugera would go through the trouble of building a distinct 'engine' for each of those models, as compared to slapping a couple "XL" buttons onto an otherwise identically voiced preamp. :)

Good call, they may have. Either way I'm still happy with the 333 and my friend is embarrassed by his XXX because of it :lol:

~006

Good call, they may have. Either way I'm still happy with the 333 and my friend is embarrassed by his XXX because of it :lol:

~006

Amp envy is FUNNY.

Which do you find yourself using more in a recording situation, the Rev. Jr or the 333? I'm still looking for a small but decent head and 2x12 to record with when I can spare the time.