Need your help: New Recording AMP

Morgorroth

Mar 11, 2008
Germany
Hi,
as the title says: I need a new amp.
I have a bugera 333XL but that piece of shit has to go, it broke down for the second time last week .... and that was just the fifth week I owned it (I bought it new).
So right now I have to decide:
Engl Blackmore (which I borrowed from a friend and sounds good, but not great)
Engl Savage 60 (never heard it in person, but liked the Sounds I heard here)
Peavey 6505 (owned one before, but that was before I started recording)
Fame Bulldozer (Yerasov Bulldozer, seems to be a 2 channel Mesa Recti copy)
Krank Rev Jr Pro (never heard it in person, but I owned a Krankenstein and that one kicked ass ! so can anyone recommend this small thingy?)

I will use the amp for recording only, I am tending to the krank or Savage right now, beause I can get them at about 600€ which would be good, because I could also buy an engl Pro cabinet to replace my 112" Mesa Thiele copy (or some mics, that I need).

So any recommendations are welcome! (also for other amps)

I know it's not the Pro, but I just got a Krank Rev Jr. from a member on here and it kicks ASS. :headbang:

By the way, I had some friends over the night it arrived. I hooked it up to my Mesa 4x12, started tinkering with it and I had the FX Loop and Boost engaged, I slowly turned it up until it was just encompassing the entire room, couldn't even hear yourself think. My friend goes "is that it?" genuinely curious, and I go "it's not even halfway up yet man" :lol: It's easily loud enough for jamming with a drummer or playing a normal gig as long as you are mic'ed into a PA. Plus it plays nicely with impulses ;)

~006

Thank you guys,
now I have another question:
Krank Rev JR or Peavey Revalver III (maybe I will suck less wth my guitartone :) )