Another Question

I have taped some concerts back at the tour with Graveworm and Dornenreich etc./ but only for my own memories, I never gave it to anyone ... I would never spread or copy it without Mr. V`s allowence! I´d love to give it to you (free of pay), but of course I can`t ... unless Mr.V would give his OK! :rolleyes:

I have some mp3's from when Vintersorg performed live in Skellefteå... Mr. V, is it ok with you to spread live recordings of your performances?

"All right, alla die-hard Vintersorgfans vet vad piano betyder... Det betyder... TILL FJÄLLS!!!" :headbang:

um, why do you ask permission? it's not like an artist can control these kinds of things. and it's kind of an impossible question, one side you're saying ok illegal stuff, the other side is fans.

i just found a bootleg of a show i was at a couple years ago and it means the world to me. also, many people do not have the opportunity to see certain bands live. and i don't think there's any doubt a professionally recorded gig is better than an amateur bootleg, if and when that happens.

amf said:
I have some mp3's from when Vintersorg performed live in Skellefteå... Mr. V, is it ok with you to spread live recordings of your performances?

"All right, alla die-hard Vintersorgfans vet vad piano betyder... Det betyder... TILL FJÄLLS!!!" :headbang:

Well, the sad thing with this recording is that it came out in the open as a bootleg, we were actually thinking of making a Mcd of that live-show and do a propper mix and with a suitable design and some filmed material, as we had access to all the original tapes, both sound and the filmed material..but as people started to spread it we droped it right away....that's the way it goes I guess

mr V

On Draugen's website (http://www.itrollskogens.tk/) there is a video of a concert somewhere available in which Vintersorg is performing Till Fjälls. Its quality is really bad but alright, it is interesting to watch. I first thought you all are talking about this one but there he only says:"Du vet vad piano betyder" ;)

VintersorgNL said:
Hehe Till Fjälls Live is the Best song.."All right, alla die-hard Vintersorgfans vet vad piano betyder... Det betyder... TILL FJÄLLS!!!"

And then a very nice grunt :D

Vintersorg wasn't a member of Borknagar jet when 'the olden domain' was recorded. so... it's not a Vintersorg-album

walkyr said:
Vintersorg wasn't a member of Borknagar jet when 'the olden domain' was recorded. so... it's not a Vintersorg-album
Haha, I was woundering when somone was going to say something about that.

VintersorgNL said:
Thanks for the Vintersorg Live Draugen ;)

No worries mate!

Speaking of Vintersorg live... Amf just sent me a new AVI-file of "Till Fjälls". Way better quality than the one on the trollskogpage. Dunno what year it's from, but I can safely say that Mr. V has short hair. I will upload it tomorrow...

This monday will (unfortunatley) be spent in the sign of white wine as I was granted an off-day tomorrow :headbang: Aight!

Draugen said:
Speaking of Vintersorg live... Amf just sent me a new AVI-file of "Till Fjälls". Way better quality than the one on the trollskogpage. Dunno what year it's from, but I can safely say that Mr. V has short hair. I will upload it tomorrow...

Cool! I'm interested in seeing that. :) Must be from one of the (summer) festival appearances then? Ah, ok...you don't know ;)

Gaunerin said:
Cool! I'm interested in seeing that. :) Must be from one of the (summer) festival appearances then? Ah, ok...you don't know ;)

Well, as usual, I don't know shit... I'm just here for other people's amusement, and since I'm quite drunk (as usual) my knowledge is probably less than yours (Gauny) All I know is that Mr. V has short hair and that he squeaks in a way I never want to hear again...
Oh yes, he speaks Swedish, so the show is probably somewhere from Sweden...

err.... gotta go to bed so that I can give you guys the clip tomorrow

Draugen said:
All I know is that Mr. V has short hair and that he squeaks in a way I never want to hear again...
Hahaha! :D But I love the way he screams Till fjälls!! after that first "squeak". :)

Yep, the trollskog page is updated with the new Till Fjälls AVI file now. The F.A.Q. is no way near complete, but it's moving.

I was thinking about moving the page to the "real" server to get rid of the annoying commercial crap, but alas I've forgotten the password to the .tk adress so that means that I would have to change the itrollskogens.tk into something else, which would mean a loss of visitors...

Anyway, www.itrollskogens.tk - go there! :D

Draugen, I checked the Lyrical-Common-Words in the FAQ and have some objection. :)

Draugen - As with many other words, "draugen" is a creature from nordic folklore. I assume that it is some sort of sea-creature, that doesen't like fishermen on the sea. And for some bizarre reason, "draugen" is also my nick on the Vintersorg-forum at Ultimatemetal.com.
A draug was originally the ghost of a dead person.
Around year 1600 or so it changed to be specifically the ghost of someone who has drowned (Learned this from Mantis).

Fimbul - "fimbul" means "harsh winter", but how do you translate the song "Fimbulfolket" - "The Harsh Winterpeople"? I don't think so...
The Fimbul- part can be used with other words than vinter, where it means something like "great" or "extremely powerful". Like Fimbultyr (another name for Odin) = The great god, or Fimbulfloden = The big flood from the bible.

Galder - A word used in the songs "Galdernatten" (natt=night) and "Galderbesjungen" (besjungen=sung) as well as in many other lyrics. When I looked up the word in a Swedish dictionary, it just said "to galdr(a) trollsong". So I must assume, that when you "galdrar", you're actually singing a trollsong.
Yes, it's a kind of sorcery. You're supposed to sing it with a very shrill voice iirc.

Gygra - I think that this is a word for the "rå" and the "huldra", but mostly used in the northern parts of Sweden. Also, the "gygra" appears to live amongst stones and mountains instead of the woods.
I believe it's more like a female troll or female giant.
"(Bärgtrollens) hustrur .. kallade the (dvs. våra förfäder) Gyghrar eller annat sådana"

Jökel(n) - A "jökel" is a snowcovered mountainrange, which is why it is quite hard to translate the lyrics to "Jökeln" without using that long word all the time...
Jökel is the same thing as Glacier, I'm pretty sure.

Lövjerska(n) - The word "lövjerska" is a new word for me, and I have lived in Sweden all my 23 years. What I am sure of is that the first part "löv" means "leaf" or "leaves" (it's the same in plural). I must assume that a "lövjerska" is something like a "healer" of the woods.
A lövjerska is either woman who knows witchcraft and sorcery, or a creature that lives in grooves and leaf trees who can get angry if you try to chop the trees down.

Vättar - A word that has been used in many songs. Actually the word "vätt" and the word "vittra" means the same thing, but it was said differently depending on which part of Sweden you come from. I believe that "vittra" and "vitter" was used in the northern parts of Sweden, whilst "vätte" and the pluralform "vättar" was used in the south. A "vätte" is perhaps the most "classic" creature in the otyg-collection - a very tiny little creature that used to live in the ground under farms. It appears to be the same as the brownie (no, not the cookie).
I think there are some differences between vättar and vittror. The later keep cattle and have very good milk cows, never heard of vättar doing that thing.

The video is comming from the vintersorg concert at trästocksfestivalen in Skellefteå that were the last summer.

Draugen said:
Well, as usual, I don't know shit... I'm just here for other people's amusement, and since I'm quite drunk (as usual) my knowledge is probably less than yours (Gauny) All I know is that Mr. V has short hair and that he squeaks in a way I never want to hear again...
Oh yes, he speaks Swedish, so the show is probably somewhere from Sweden...

err.... gotta go to bed so that I can give you guys the clip tomorrow

vargatron said:
The video is comming from the vintersorg concert at trästocksfestivalen in Skellefteå that were the last summer.

Thanks!

@ amf: Thanks for the info. I wrote a long message yesterday, but then my computer fucked up itself so... anyhow, I will consider some (most) of the things you wrote