Another "Rate My Drum Sounds" Thing

I actually like the song, good job on that!
Anyway...I miss partionally some clarity in the drums and some low ends (like KeithRT said..beef it up :) )..sounds to much litteraly like boxes..and yeah the bass sounds strange, but I guess it's acoustic..maybe try to trigger it with sound replacer or drumagog? I think you can do good on trying to cut out some of the snare at 400hz a tiny bit? Boost at 240 somewhat for body.

Thanks guys. I'll get right on it.

While we're on the subject..Any opinions on the reverb? (too much, too little, etc)

I think the reverb is just right. The whole track is very awesome! Great riffing and drumming. I would really like to hear that with vocals.

For some reason I like the guitar sound, too. Sounds kinda dirty, but individual - which is always good.

Drums are too "tinny" for my tastes. The snare is best IMHO, in your case I would start the mix with the drums and do kicks and toms first. Compare them to a cd you like. Then build on that. If the original sounds don't work, I second the idea with a drumreplacer.

I am by no means an expert in engineering, but the songwriting here sounds so promising (nice pinch harmonics, hehe!) - if you get good vocals on this, the song will sound killer no matter what the drums, bass and guitars sound like.

Thanks guys -- everything you all said was pretty dead-on. I've re-mixed the stuff, and it now sounds like this:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=7854633C420AFC6D

I know the toms may need a bit of work still, but I think it's definitely headed in a better direction now. Also, to everyone who liked the actual song -- thanks, it means a lot. Apparently we're better songwriters than recording engineers (big surprise there).