Another reamp request

Soundlurker

Nov 19, 2005
I was thinking it would be too much to ask you to reamp the guitars of my band's 5-song-EP but since lots of great people post here I thought someone might just pity me enough for having to record a Behringer combo :lol: and agree to do this. It would almost be a dream-come-true to hear my guitars through a tube amp such as a 5150/Krank/Engl/Mesa/etc. but I guess anything that doesn't have the solid-state harshness of my amp will do :)

I've uploaded the DI tracks of two of the songs:
Burning Bridges Guitar 1 - http://cmusicforum.com/sw/burning_bridges_di1.rar
Burning Bridges Guitar 2 - http://cmusicforum.com/sw/burning_bridges_di2.rar
Alone We Die Guitar 1 - http://cmusicforum.com/sw/alone_we_die_di1.rar
Alone We Die Guitar 2 - http://cmusicforum.com/sw/alone_we_die_di2.rar

You can hear Burning Bridges here: Distorment - Burning Bridges
I really hope you like it :)

If you don't get any other takers, I might do this for you this weekend. I have a new redeye reamp box that I would like to try out.

It would probably be on Mesa Roadking. However, I'm not nearly as experienced at mic'ing cabs as many of the others on this forum.

That would be awesome! :headbang: I guess any mic position of a sm57 pointing towards one of the speakers will sound better than my amp:) Thanks in advance :kickass:

Shadow_Walker said:
That would be awesome! :headbang: I guess any mic position of a sm57 pointing towards one of the speakers will sound better than my amp:) Thanks in advance :kickass:

It all depends on the band I'm recording this Saturday doesn't need an extra day to finish tracking.

No problem, I don't think anyone can or should feel obliged to help me out :) One should usually give before take, and I haven't given you guys much. I would gladly reamp some guitars but then again who wants their guitars reamped using a behringer combo with a 10'' Jensen speaker :lol:

haha, I was just listening to Subcutane - Darker Than Black and thinking "that's a great sounding recording" next thing i'm checking the forum and seeing your reply :)

I think it will be OK with the old 'DI in reverse'

...and remember, you'll be savong people's ears from this:
amp.jpg

:lol:

Well, it is decent but so solid-state sounding...you can hear ApolloSpeed's 2 clips: the first one with the ibanez combo, you tell yourself it's nice and after you hear the 6505...that's a whole different world. It's like some switch between consumer and pro sound :)
I should buy myself an amp? Easier said than done..but anyway I won't start sniveling and explaining how many years I have to work till I can buy one. Anyway cheers for the nice words :kickass:

Sorry I'm writing after myself for the second time in a row but I really need to know if someone is going to do the reamping or should I stick to my recordings because there's a deadline till Thursday. Thanks :headbang:

Any chance you could brighten the vocal tracks up a bit? Maybe a hi-pass would help some...They seem really muffled to me, or rather like they have too many lows...or something lol.

~e.a

BTW I pretty much left the eq flat to get some overtones happening

you mix sounds pretty damn good, I am surprised the Behry sounds as good as it does

feel like uploading a submix of the drums, bass and the vocal track? I would mess around with mixing it

I'm downloading the files right now. In less than an hour it should be ready.
At first when I heard the XXX I though there's an unpleasant room sound but after a cut in the mids it sounds pretty nice :)
I really apreciate your time and efforts. Could you by any chance reamp the other 3 songs with the XXX (and with a slight mid cut and a little more lows) ? Let me know so that I delete these and upload the other. I will gladly upload the submixes afterwards (after I delete the other di files to free up space ;) )

edit: I forgot to thank e.a. for the advice and MKS for the good intentions :) Cheers!