Last comments before deadline for EP

Well, interestingly, when I read your comment, I find it mostly a positive one, though there is some criticism. I guess this means I do care more about we sound rather than how we look. The idea of this video is to be heard rather than seen. Another things is image requires a lot of money, which not only are we lacking but which I prefer to spend on recording equipment :) Furthermore, here the scene is pretty miserable and no one cares about such bands:erk:

Anyway, enough moaning :) Thanks for the kind words! :headbang:

edit: BTW, just thought I might mention that's the first and only band I've ever been in (and only for 2 years or so) so I guess it's inevitable to still be on the fun side of things rather than the proffesional :)

Shadow_Walker said:
Well, interestingly, when I read your comment, I find it mostly a positive one, though there is some criticism. I guess this means I do care more about we sound rather than how we look. The idea of this video is to be heard rather than seen. Another things is image requires a lot of money, which not only are we lacking but which I prefer to spend on recording equipment :) Furthermore, here the scene is pretty miserable and no one cares about such bands:erk:

Anyway, enough moaning :) Thanks for the kind words! :headbang:

edit: BTW, just thought I might mention that's the first and only band I've ever been in (and only for 2 years or so) so I guess it's inevitable to still be on the fun side of things rather than the proffesional :)

Oh, don't get me wrong. It was a *constructive* comment. I mean, I buy CDs for the music and not because the singer looks cool, BUT record companies and magazines are trying to sell and therefore they need the artist to appeal to a certain scene/target audience. Especially in a time where so much music is being put out. I just experienced it firsthand when my record came out in March 2006 and was instantly receiving awesome feedback from the press/djs/fans and my label said "it was very easy to get big articles in the mags, due to my image".

For the record - I look like this in everyday life:

sami_neue_brille.jpg

Mr. Smileyboy Icecream-Vendor ... not the type you can market to a dark electro scene very well.

So we gathered my winter jacket and 4,95 Euro sunglasses, shaved my hair, styled up a mohawk and took pictures that looked like this

faderhead_fh1_image_01_websize.jpg

And voila ... it fits the music and the scene all of a sudden (while at the same time not feeling like a costume to me).

I guess what I am trying to say here is: as sad as it is - care about the music first, but then immediately take care of your image/styling/appearance because even at a local level the concert-goers will think that you are more professional if you look the part.

overall i think it sounds pretty kick ass...your singer sounds like he's short of breath in a few spots tho

discordless said:
offtopic : awesome ebm @ faderhead and nice pic with andy .. laplegua :D

Haha, thanks. Andy is an old buddy of mine, I've done tour photography for Icon Of Coil and I also did their "Machines R Us" booklet. We also shagged the same girl at different points in time, haha :)

That pic is from a festival in South Germany that Combichrist and my band played.