Another reason why I love my Paiste PST5 cymbals...

i love that snare and base drum. need samples for those!

Me too :lol:

Really only ever been a fan of 2002s and the Twenty series. I seem to have bad luck with Paiste, though. I don't hit very hard, but every single one I've had broke - I've never broken any other cymbals before :bah:

Thanks for posting this. I have been looking for a decent set of "house" cymbals and these may just hit the spot. I like that the crashes are "quick" sounding and don't have too much build up going on.

Any idea what model/sizes are in this video?

Thanks.

Wasn't a fan of the Rude's. PST 5's and Alpha's sound very good for the price.

I think you really notice the difference in the Ride cymbals when moving up the range's, the differences in the crash/hi-hats is more subtle.

I personally love how dark and sugar-y the Rude's are. All cymbal companies should make comparison videos like this, it's perfect and as scientific as you can get.

I picked up a few pst5s before embarking on a 30 day tour last summer due to not having any cash and needing some new crashes. To my surprise they were really nice for the price.

With that in mind, i play all AAX/HHX now that im home from tour and have some cash and believe the price difference is still worth it, but damn those pst5s are a really killer deal for anyone on a tight budget.