Another sample.

Very good sounding, very professional ! I must agree with you, it is slightly too boomy, too much rumble in the low end, I think this comes from the keyboards, they are a little bit too loud (the voice, the lead and the rhythm guitars are too far in the back but with a Pod, I understand you hesitate to put them forward ;))
The drums sound great, really good kick in my taste (triggered ?).
Maybe you could solve your overall problem by a clever eq in the mastering, I think it would sound amazing (roll back the low end or compress them and push up the highs). But I wish all the albums I listen to had such a good sound ! Excellent work !

http://tinoo.free.fr/TAAM.mp3 (1.37 Mo)

Here is my very little & humble contribution to your album, or at least attempt to help :) I just applied a very subtle equalisation to your track, and in my opinion it helps with the rumble and puts the guitars back (though I had to listen carefully several times to make sure I did applied it indeed, very subtle as I said :p )

Hope it helps, just let me know if you like it and you want to know the settings for the eq.

Take care,

Brett

OH MY GOD I'M SO SORRY :OMG:
I think I should clean up my desktop, too many things on there, I'm getting lost ! :loco: And I was so excited by the quality of the sound I thought to be yours that I didn't double check...
I'll listen to your real stuff then, and will try to help too... or maybe I should just shut up :oops:

Sorry again !!!

Brett

Okay, so this time is what I've thought about your real mp3 (hoping I'm not wrong again :) ).
- Drums : Good (though there's not enough toms to judge them, but I'd definitely pull them backward). I'd also try to add more punch to the kicks, they sound too thin for my taste (this is often the case nowadays though), they don't make it to the chest. Snare is fine, maybe lacking some punch too but don't overdo it, you could leave it as it is in my opinion...
- Guitars : this is a great result you've got for using a line in recording. Was it the Rectifier emulation that you used ?
- Bass : maybe too shy too, but this could be solved in the mastering for the whole thing I guess which kind of lacks of "body" if I use this term right. I'm having some slight doubts about the tuning of the bass, but I may be wrong.

Well, that's it for my opinion. Once again I'm sorry about earlier, hope you don't mind :worship:

Keep on rockin'

Brett

Hi! Thanks for the comments!

How do I give more punch to the snare & kick? By adjusting low frequencies?

As for the guitars, yes I am using the Rectifier setting with AC30 cab!.. I am using a lot of EQ on the guitars... I had to boost the mids freq. and I also use the BBE Maximizer plugin... I know some ppl don't like it.. but without it my POD Sound isn't really nice...

Thanks!

Try putting a compressor on em that has an attack so that it only affects the "tail" that should give it some more punch. It can be solved with some EQing too, but a compressor will give it more power.

We used a trigger sound for the kick...

I'm not very familiar with compressors... I have the Waves plugins... Can u help me with the settings?

Thanks!

;)

You don't need to use the C4 to compress a kick or snare, just use any one-band compressor (the C4 is a four-band which is pretty superflous for a kick) set the attack to the minimum and gradually increase it until you hear that it doesn't affect the transient/attack of the kick but it lowers the "tail" of the sound, the sound should get punchier now, also set the release pretty short.

I think that's better, but pull their volume up. You should use the "Makeup Gain" from the compressor you're using to add 3 or maybe more db. Then, according to the result and to your taste, maybe you could boost the low end a little, or use MaxxBass for exemple, just to give them more body and beef. Congratulation, you're getting closer :)