Another Stupid Idea from the Music Industry

dill_the_devil said:
About £16 for a new album over here.

I haven't actually paid that for many years though. Fuck that. CDs have become cheaper in England, but only the stuff which is popular and in the charts. I buy 99% of my CDs on the internet from other countries. I can't believe anyone would actually pay that much, but they must do I guess.

Zack said:
Umm is it just me... or is this idea making no progress at all? I pay 12 dollars for the "deluxe edition" right now... what do you guys pay?

The standard list price is around $17.99 here, though it obviously varies depending on labels, and just about every band getting a major label push is sold between $9-12 upon release...multiple versions and overpriced special editions are also getting prevalent here. All this, of course, means nothing if you're smart and use independent mailorder.

this is kind of cool and somewhat original ... new Stones live CD all on a USB key

http://www.shinealightstore.com/store/page4.asp?suptype=&t=1&sub_type=4&prod_id=3&col=30

3_30_a.jpg

Cool idea lurch. But does it have draconian DRM?

In other news...Apparently Apple sold more music than wallmart did. Proves that digital distribution is the future and than the RIAA is a dieing business model and blahblahblah whatever who cares.