anthrax: 1995

...I don't even know where to begin...Are you saying that Layne and Eddie are average self pittying vocalists and Kurt is not? Who shot himself again? (Nothing personal, I'm only asking because I think AIC is one of the best bands ever and they were never grunge at all.)

Anyway, I wore flannell back then, and I still do. Fucking sue me!

Agree, all of them are good, and if someone dont like Soundgarden or Stone Temple Pilots they have hearing problems lol.

I find it funny how ANTHRAX from being unique ( bermuda shorts and all) morphs into copycats. The chequered shirts during the Bush era, then in uniforms, and even jumpsuits at one point ( slipknot wearing uniforms is cool at that time i guess)

Really hope the guys just skip the 'trying so hard' to fit in attitude by changing their 'looks' & styles again to gain interest of the crowd and just concentrate on providing a mind blowing show. Watched their show in Bangkok, they were great..no..great is an understatement..they were wonderful..

...I don't even know where to begin...Are you saying that Layne and Eddie are average self pittying vocalists and Kurt is not? Who shot himself again?
Nope. never said that. Kurt was as well and him shooting himself only made that more obvious. Only contrary to JP and AIC I could enjoy some N songs.

And I never got why people claimed AIC were metal. Why they are on Metal Archives yet Soulfly is not. Nobody in their right mind would listen to Soulfly's Frontlines and still dare to claim AIC are more metal.

Nope. never said that. Kurt was as well and him shooting himself only made that more obvious. Only contrary to JP and AIC I could enjoy some N songs.

And I never got why people claimed AIC were metal. Why they are on Metal Archives yet Soulfly is not. Nobody in their right mind would listen to Soulfly's Frontlines and still dare to claim AIC are more metal.

Well the first part is just personal preferance, so I'll leave it at that, but musically Alice and Nirvana have nothing in common.

Soulfly is metal and so is AIC, just not as extreme. If this isn't heavy metal, or at least heavy rock, I don't know what it it:

...and if we're talking about their image, check this out:

alice-in-chains.jpg

White+Zombie+22976.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though I do have the first three Nirvana albums, I still truly dislike AIC and all the other grunge. . I just can't stand the average self pittying grunge vocalists like Eddie Vedder and Layne Staley. And trust me I've tried. Even bought PJ's Vs and AIC's Dirt. Only to sell them again a few years later.

You mean ALL three Nirvana albums, right? I don't count Incesticide and Unplugged as real "albums".

Both Dirt and Vs are among my most favorite CDs of all time.

I agree, AIC aren't metal. I borrowed their albums years ago from a friend and they made me want to slash my wrists. Fucking awful, depressing crap.

Fuck sake, even I wore a checked shirt back then - everyone did. I didn't even like grunge or want to look anything like Kurt Cobain.

I still wear checkered flannel.....and have since I was a kid (the 70s). That's just how we roll here in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. I always felt the "grunge fashion" should have had a disclaimer: "Inspired by Yoopers."

PS....Yoopers are residents of Michigan's U.P. Whatever.