Anthrax - Among the Living Concerts

Creeps said:
Check out the live DVD and that may change your opinion on Joey's voice.

Iced Ray said:
I heard some of the CD actually in a record store and it was not mind blowin' or anything which is what I thought of his vocals live. To be honest tho, I never thought he had a strong voice in his prime in the 80's.

Bush's voice is much more powerful IMO.

I think that Joey is a better singer for Anthrax than Bush...but I think that Bush is a better overall singer. If you have not heard him with Armored Saint then you are really missing out on some amazing vocal riffing. Bush can go melodic as well as strong & fierce, ala Dio.

But when he's been in Anthrax, he lowers himself to shouting out his vocals, mainly on the older Belladonna-era tracks but as well as some of the new 'Thrax material.

I'm sure that Benante and Ian don't really want 'singing' singing, if you know what I mean. They've always dogged-out anyone from the 80's who ever had a pure singing voice and I don't think that they want anything even closely resembling that in their band.

Tanelorn said:
The concert was a week ago -- did you walk back to MN? :)

It rocked, didn't it? Nice mosh pit -- the bruises will take a few more days to clear up.

I'm pretty sure I know what I did last night. I'm getting older and losing some memories, but it's not that bad! :lol:

You must be talking about the Mokena, IL ATL show, which was a week ago. They definitely played Milwaukee last night!

The mosh pit was UNREAL! I was on the railing up in the balcony and got to watch the mosh pit from above all night. Insane.