Anthrax Behind the Music Remastered

Don Nelson's part lasted seconds. Pretty much like his career with Anthrax. I think pretty much what that guy said in the rockumentary. He wasn't good enough (read his singing wasn't good enough to put up with the bullshit he pulled). At some point they must have liked him initially. I never understood why. I tried hard to not judge on youtube clips but he just sucked. Poor man's Phil Anselmo.

that guy did put it well,regardless of what happened dan didnt deserve to be there,he was way outta his league and was an awful frontman live.

I'll download the remastered BtM to check it out, but from what I remember of the original, it was the poorest doc I'v ever seen, pretty embarrassing

Not even mentioning the name of Paul Crook didn't sound fair to me. He'd spent - what? - 5-6 years with them, and not even a fucking "thank you".

Good point. Paul Crook also lent his hand in production. And roadie'd for a while. Such a nice guy too. He's doing good now with Meatloaf.

They left alot of shit out. There's only so much you can cram in 43 minutes.

Not even mentioning the name of Paul Crook didn't sound fair to me. He'd spent - what? - 5-6 years with them, and not even a fucking "thank you".

Good point. Paul Crook also lent his hand in production. And roadie'd for a while. Such a nice guy too. He's doing good now with Meatloaf.

In that case the whole idea of this so-called documentary is not worth anything.
I never watched closely any other Behind The Music, but if they are as floppy as ours, then they should discontinue this crap. How's that to choose friends on the basis of their fame and influence? Dimebag was at the very top, so he "was the member of the band", and Crook who spent months and months riding the bus with them was not even mentioned? What about Joe Vera? The band was left without a bass player,and the guy stepped in and went around with them for a year. How come there was no a coupla seconds to say "Thank you, Joe, we love you." Or - "Thank you, Joe, but you sucked, but thank you anyway"?
We can say what we want about Lars, but I don't think they ever treated their junior players like shit.

In that case the whole idea of this so-called documentary is not worth anything.
I never watched closely any other Behind The Music, but if they are as floppy as ours, then they should discontinue this crap. How's that to choose friends on the basis of their fame and influence? Dimebag was at the very top, so he "was the member of the band", and Crook who spent months and months riding the bus with them was not even mentioned? What about Joe Vera? The band was left without a bass player,and the guy stepped in and went around with them for a year. How come there was no a coupla seconds to say "Thank you, Joe, we love you." Or - "Thank you, Joe, but you sucked, but thank you anyway"?
We can say what we want about Lars, but I don't think they ever treated their junior players like shit.

Im sure whatever is aired is up to VH1, some people just gotta turn things into a huge drama fest.

By the way... Just don't crucify me instantly, but the whole segment on post-911 anthrax scare was too much. Those events actually gave us more publicity than anything else in years. And that dick in a baseball hat was blabbering "Don't change your name, don't change your name...". Who the fuck was going to change the name? Way, way out of proportion...
And those were 3 minutes when Crook and Vera could get their well-deserved "thank you's".
Who was the director of this thing?
And, excuse me! Hello! TGOTE! Had it been mentioned that the band invited 50 of their fans to participate in the actual recording? I really don't remember...

Im sure whatever is aired is up to VH1, some people just gotta turn things into a huge drama fest.

AGREED! :Spin:

I'm sure Crook and Vera were personally thanked by the band many times. No need to justify again on a VH1 show.
I'm not looking for a dispute................i'm just saying.

I'm sure they were thanked and hugged, and fully paid. But how can a historian - that was a biography, right? - omit important facts just because it would make his book two pages, or two minutes in our case, too long?
Imagine a viewer who had no idea about Anthrax history watching this schtick. What would he think - Dimebag was the Anthrax's lead-guitar player in the 90's?
Also, IMO the whole movie didn't pay enough attention to the most important thing - to the band's music. I figure that it's BEHIND the music, but it shouldn't have been so far behind. Instead the creators paid, I think, too much attention to some tabloid material...

Crook was definitely on there. Not sure if they verbally mentioned his name or not but he said a few things and they showed a little blurb with his name and when he was with the band.
They always leave out a ton of shit on the Behind the Musics. The Anthrax one was actually better then most in that regard.