Anthrax Box Set

Metal Thrashing Mark said:
Yes something for the fans only, I have that unauthorized dvd its not that great but not bad either, Back when I was tape trading someone had Anthrax Live at a bar called My Fathers place recorded in 1982. Which on the track list they do some ZZ top covers & stuff ( I lost all my tapes in a flood :cry: ) that would be interesting to hear also, but the boxset should come with a dvd as well with some rare footage & stuff. :headbang:. I wonder if they ever recorded the show they did way back at the ritz before spreading came out, the photo on the back cover is from that Wild show. :headbang:

I have that on CD. The sound is terrible.

johnnieCzech said:
after the reunion, they pull some of their 85 live footage and release it on DVD. Just like Judas Priest. They also release a boxset with about 5% of the Bush stuff, just like Judas Priest. Oh and crappy album will follow. Just like Judas Priest.

Hmm, since Ripper Priest lasted for 2 of 15 albums, with some of the greatest heavy metal classics included and one of those 15 albums being a double live album AND there were rare live tracks and a demo song, it's not very surprising only 5% was from the Ripper era. But you know, technically the Ripper stuff was 6.15% of the songs on the CDs.

nafnikufesin said:
IF, and I do mean IF, they ever put out a box set, they should make it for the true fans like AC/DC did; that is, not an extended greatest hits package that most fans already have, or even a "B-sides" package that most of the hardcore fans have already tracked down, but a real rarities package that can't be obtained anywhere else.

But until the Sanctuary contract finishes and they find a label that might actually promote them, it will never happen, because unfortunately there hasn't been enough demand to buy a $15 CD never mind a $60 box set.

Like AC/DC, you mean put the entire AMONG THE LIVING CD inside it like AC/DC put in Back in Black???

gazmetal said:
They should do a DVD like Iron Maiden with every single video on it from Madhouse to The New Death Rider vid. That'd rule.

You mean you actually sit down and watch music videos? I watched those Maiden videos when the DVDs came out, the same with Priest, and that set has been collecting dust ever since then. Same with Anthrax. Same with the Dio bootleg compilation DVD a friend sent me.

jdelpi said:
Hmm, since Ripper Priest lasted for 2 of 15 albums, with some of the greatest heavy metal classics included and one of those 15 albums being a double live album AND there were rare live tracks and a demo song, it's not very surprising only 5% was from the Ripper era. But you know, technically the Ripper stuff was 6.15% of the songs on the CDs.

and you got me with the percentages :) but my point is if there´s a reunion (and looks like there is) they´re gonna be more likely to put MUCH MORE Joey stuff in the boxset.