anthrax donnington 1987........

wyldefan71

New Metal Member
Feb 23, 2005
:Spin: hey all thraxers who was lucky enough to see this awsome show they destroyed all that day............AMONG THE LIVING THE GREATEST LP OF ALL TIME END OF STORY...............NOW DESTROY :hotjump:

mrthrax said:
scott always boasted that they even blew metallica away that day,he went as far as to say someone in the band still holds a grudge...

i didn't go but taped it when Tommy Vance broadcast it. They played a great set

mrthrax said:
scott always boasted that they even blew metallica away that day,he went as far as to say someone in the band still holds a grudge...
Donington '87 has been dually noted by numerous members of Metallica (specifically those with the initials LU & JH) to be one of the worst gigs they've ever played. Lars went as far to say that, when thinking of all the donington gigs they've played, that '87 didn't even happen. Granted, he said that before Metallica played Donington WITHOUT him last year.

I was there. It was the first time I saw Anthrax and can't really remember much about the day apart from Joeys 'Hello London' and Ulrichs loss of drumming skills (some might say he had none anyway). Metallica were poor that day but not as bad as Bon Jovi!

I never saw the vid, but the Anthrax audio off Tommy Vance was fucking terrible. The deaf prick at the bbc mixed the drums too high and also the vocal and that's all you could hear. I'm sure they played well but you wouldn't know off the broadcast. I never listened to Metallica because they are shite and always have been. I don't get the correlation between a lot of 'thrash' bands. To me, the cool bands like thrax and some slayer have a punk influence dating back to the 50s and 60s surf guitarists like dick Dale who in turn influenced Garage rock then Punk guys like east bay ray from the dead kennedys. Other guys don't have that influence and they just sound like speeded up russian cossack music. Discuss...