Anthrax tour dates 1987

attaxe-ca

New Metal Member
Oct 31, 2006
Hey All!

Does anybody have a list of California tour dates from 1987? Specifically July, 1987? My old band Attaxe opened for Anthrax/Testament/Metal Church (I think Metal Church played?) in July at an oudoor show at the Beer Gardens in Corona. Does anybody know what date that was?

Thanks!!

attaxe-ca said:
Hey All!

Does anybody have a list of California tour dates from 1987? Specifically July, 1987? My old band Attaxe opened for Anthrax/Testament/Metal Church (I think Metal Church played?) in July at an oudoor show at the Beer Gardens in Corona. Does anybody know what date that was?

Thanks!!
Dude I was there.

July 3rd Santa Monica Civic - Anthrax, Testament and Metal Church.
I got thrown out during Caught In a Mosh and had some chipped teeth from the little pit during Metal Church. My friends told me Kirk Hammet came out and played God Save the Queen with thrax.

July 5th Corona Beer Gardens - Anthrax and Metal Church; I think we missed your set and I don't remember Testament there. I dragged my friends to this after the previous nights bull shit.

Did your band ever open for Armored Saint at Jezebels in Anaheim? Your band name sounds familiar. I think this was when Dave Pritchard was the only guitarist in Saint at this point.

Yes Dave Pritchard was with the band. we played at Jezebel's a lot between 87 - 92. Many good times!

Corona Beer Gardens was July 5 1987 for sure! I am not positive about the other CA dates though. I still have a cassette of the Anthrax set.

Digging up an old thread but... I was there at the Santa Monica Civic Anthrax/Metal Church/Testament gig. The one and only time I saw Anthrax. What a great show! Testament was quite memorable as there were probably barely 100 people there already when they played but they were full of energy. I remember Chuck Billy kept spitting in the air and catching back in his mouth (yuck...). Never been a huge Metal Church fan, but they put on a great show too. Anthrax was outstanding though. I miss the SMC gigs.

As for Attaxe mentioned earlier, they were not at this gig but I remember seeing them play a great gig opening for Danzig at the Celebrity Theatre in Anaheim some months later.

Shameless plug if I may, at nearly 40 I'm still rocking out old school thrash with my band Wolf Among Sheep in Huntsville, Alabama. We're on Reverb Nation with some self recorded demo tracks at http://www.reverbnation.com/wolfamongsheep. Horns up!