Anthrax/Testament/Death Angel Fall US Tour

jamesr7790

Sep 2, 2011
Houston, TX
Hi I'm new.

So they announced this tour back in July and it's now September with still no dates. I've been searching up and down the internet and couldn't believe there wasn't a single thread about this on this board. I finally found a couple websites (below) that list this as the possible first show of the tour:

10/28 Dallas, TX Palladium Ballroom

http://www.rock-concerts.net/anthrax-tour/
http://eventful.com/performers/anthrax-/P0-001-000004075-1

Also, if you google 'Anthrax tour' and scroll down a bit, you'll see a link to a Sept 1st Blabbermouth.net article titled "ANTHRAX, TESTAMENT, DEATH ANGEL Tour: First Show Announced".... but when you click on it, it goes to Blabbermouth puts its a blank posting. I don't know if this is something they posted too early by accident and had to take down immediately, or if it's some kind of cached webpage, I really have no clue. Has anyone else noticed any of this? My puzzlement caused me to register basically just to make this post haha.

Anyway, stoked for the new album! Anthrax is back and can do no wrong with the almighty Belladonna. I'm also excited to see that their tour is likely starting in Texas.

They really need to announce the dates if this tour is really in less than 2 months

I just want them to announce the dates so I can hurry up and be disappointed when it skips over St Louis

So they announced this tour back in July and it's now September with still no dates. I've been searching up and down the internet and couldn't believe there wasn't a single thread about this on this board.

Welcome to the board! :kickass:There actually was a thread about it here. I remember because Overkill was supposed to be a part of the tour and backed out.

Also, if you google 'Anthrax tour' and scroll down a bit, you'll see a link to a Sept 1st Blabbermouth.net article titled "ANTHRAX, TESTAMENT, DEATH ANGEL Tour: First Show Announced".... but when you click on it, it goes to Blabbermouth puts its a blank posting. I don't know if this is something they posted too early by accident and had to take down immediately, or if it's some kind of cached webpage, I really have no clue.

Just click on "cached" underneath the link in google and you can see the original article. It was announcing the October 30 Houston show.

Welcome to the board! :kickass:There actually was a thread about it here. I remember because Overkill was supposed to be a part of the tour and backed out.

Yep. For OP, here it is: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/anthrax/699596-u-s-fall-tour.html

In addition to these dates, I heard through the grapevine there are shows in Buffalo, NY and Albany, NY in mid-November. Didn't get exact dates though...

from theprp.com

Initial dates have slipped out for Anthrax, Testament and Death Angel tour which will kick off later this year. The stops which have leaked out thus far can be found below:
10/28 Dallas, TX – Palladium Ballroom
10/30 Houston, TX – Warehouse Live
11/11 Worcester, MA – The Palladium
11/15 Buffalo, NY – Town Ballroom
More dates are pending.

Louisville definitely gets a lot more tours than St. Louis, we didn't get either leg of American Carnage

I don't think Charlie is happy about dates being leaked. I asked him on Facebook about the dates and they should announce something this week and he deleted my post LMFO!! I feel honored at least he was able to read what I said though :)

It sucks getting 2nd and 3rd hand info before the band announces it. Im guessing they are still booking shows or going to announce everything in the next 2 weeks....

Whatever, they're just tour dates. Not like the new album leaked waaay early or some shit.

Yeah that was my thinking too.... isn't the more publicity and/or lead up time for gigs better than less??? I don't get that one.

there's some audio interview i came across on Blabbermouth with Charlie where he touches on that tour.

funny story about facebook and "rockstars":

way back in 98 or 99 when Anthrax was on tour with Life of Agony, they played at the 9:30 club in DC. I was at this show. Do you all remember in that killer A's video where the band is playing street golf?? It was at this tour stop and I was present during this incident. I recall going to velvet lounge uptairs for drinks after the show. Years later, I would frequent this bar and had a dingy apt down the street. I recall at this gig that Whitfield Crane was now the frontman for LOA. I was a huge LOA fan at the time. I recall that during the song "weeds", Whit threw me the mic and I sang an entire verse and chorus. When I threw the mic back at him, he was all astonished "wow that was good!". When he took notice of me knowing all the words and deciding to hand me the mic, it was one of those do or die moments in life that you know you just gotta grab the bull by the horn and go for it.

So, I think last year I friended him on FB and he accepted and then I posted on his wall a short synopsis of that story. Next day he deleted it. WTF??!?!?!? Fuck him and Another Animal. J/k

but seriously?? how is a story like that offensive enough to warrant deleting it?

there's some audio interview i came across on Blabbermouth with Charlie where he touches on that tour.

funny story about facebook and "rockstars":

way back in 98 or 99 when Anthrax was on tour with Life of Agony, they played at the 9:30 club in DC. I was at this show. Do you all remember in that killer A's video where the band is playing street golf?? It was at this tour stop and I was present during this incident. I recall going to velvet lounge uptairs for drinks after the show. Years later, I would frequent this bar and had a dingy apt down the street. I recall at this gig that Whitfield Crane was now the frontman for LOA. I was a huge LOA fan at the time. I recall that during the song "weeds", Whit threw me the mic and I sang an entire verse and chorus. When I threw the mic back at him, he was all astonished "wow that was good!". When he took notice of me knowing all the words and deciding to hand me the mic, it was one of those do or die moments in life that you know you just gotta grab the bull by the horn and go for it.

So, I think last year I friended him on FB and he accepted and then I posted on his wall a short synopsis of that story. Next day he deleted it. WTF??!?!?!? Fuck him and Another Animal. J/k

but seriously?? how is a story like that offensive enough to warrant deleting it?

That's a cool story Alex, until the FB thing with Whit that is..... I always liked that dude too, but that's kind of shitty.