Anthrax font for download here!

Deege

Aug 15, 2002
Ohio
www.sdmfworldwide.com
The other thread about this prompted me to create a font for the Anthrax logo! For free, and for personal use only, of course.

This font does not have every letter of the alphabet...you can type the word Anthrax (the first letter must be capital, as there are 2 different A's in the logo). Also please note, the spacing of these letters is very messed up so that they overlap each other correctly, so this only works when typing them in the correct order, unfortunatly.

You can also use the "~" key and get the entire logo, or the "!" key and get the Notman face, as well as the "@" key and get the Pentathrax logo.

Here you guys go, the Anthrax font!
http://www.fuzzrecordingstudio.com/anthraxfont.zip

How do I get it to work??
And where can I actually use this font at on my pc??
I do not totally understand everything about computers??

Well, you gotta drag the font file (the one inside of the zip file) into your C:/windows/fonts/ directory to install it. Then you will be able to use it in pretty much any program that you can type in...but, it's just there to create their logo, as you can't type anything else with it but the word Anthrax, basically LOL

I think I will make the other letters eventually. But it'll be tough, as these letters have to overlap a ton, but I can't make every letter like that, because they won't interact too well with the current letters due to their odd spacing

If you already installed it before 4:00 AM EST, go to your C:/windows/fonts/ folder and delete the Anthrax font and redownload it and reinstall it. I made the pentathrax a lot better and also, now if you type #, you get the classic Anthrax logo.

Thats cool and all, but isn't there a ton of Anthrax logos out there? Not trying to be mean or rude, but I just don't understand the reason for a font other than spelling other words with the type style. For example, I was wanting to do the Abrasive Rock logo in Anthrax font to help my website celebrate our Anthrax week (started Monday and goes to Friday).

I only say this because maybe I am missing something. I don't mean any offense.

I understand that bro. However, having the Anthrax logo as a font, you can use it in graphics programs and stuff, and make your own flyers easier, etc.

It'd be really hard to make a functional font that you can type anything with and have it look like the Anthrax logo, because some letters dip down (like the N and the T), etc. And to make it look like that, you'd have to have the 2nd and 3rd letters actually do that, and it'd be hard to make EVERY letter do that, as you need to make them normal heights and stuff too...if you know what I mean.

ar.gif
http://www.fuzzrecordingstudio.com/ar.gif

there ya go, I made an Abrasive Rock logo LOL!

Nah it'll be time consuming to create every letter, so I don't know when I'll have the time. But you can always replace it later on if I finish it, so check it out :)

Deege said:
I understand that bro. However, having the Anthrax logo as a font, you can use it in graphics programs and stuff, and make your own flyers easier, etc.

It'd be really hard to make a functional font that you can type anything with and have it look like the Anthrax logo, because some letters dip down (like the N and the T), etc. And to make it look like that, you'd have to have the 2nd and 3rd letters actually do that, and it'd be hard to make EVERY letter do that, as you need to make them normal heights and stuff too...if you know what I mean.
Very true. I never thought of that...which was of course why I posed the question. If you are ever able to ge the whole thing done let me know. Haveing an Anthrax font will be a shitload of work, but a very cool thing. Good luck, and check out Anthrax week at Abrasive Rock. :wave: