Anthrax in Hollywood with Jason Bittner photos

Chad Lee

New Metal Member
Our friend Charlie Benante as most of you probably know was unable to perform at the final 2 shows of their tour due to becoming a daddy, so our brother Jason Bittner ( a HUGE Anthrax fan) sat in for him and did an AMAZING job. The show was awesome, the crowd was huge and so were the pits.
Here are just a few pics from the show, I will post more on my site, and put up a link to them once they are done.
Enjoy !
Chad Lee
www.rockconcertfotos.com

anthraxLa_1761.jpg

anthraxLa_1769.jpg

anthraxLa_1784.jpg

anthraxLa_1793.jpg

anthraxLa_1877.jpg

anthraxLa_1917.jpg

anthraxLa_2005.jpg

anthraxLa_2037.jpg

JohnThrax said:
its gotta be a dream come true for Bittner to play 2 whole shows with Anthrax. I would kill to play ONE SONG with them.

That would be something that would stay with you until the grave !!!!

sufferer said:
I wnder if the crowd was pissed, not seeing Charlie and all, but it seemed like a packed house. Thanks for the pics

Well, I saw Anthrax a couple of years ago just after Frank left (Joey V was playing bass) - didn't bother me one bit, although they could not do I'm The Man without Frank ...

You would have to be pretty unforgiving to be too annoyed that Charlie was not drumming due to his new addition to the Benante family. Good on Charlie for being their for the birth of his daughter !!!!

Thanks to everyone who were at these 2 shows and accepted me being there....I know as a fan, for me, if I went and didn't see Charlie........I would have been pissed too!! But on 24hours notice and one rehearsal, I did the best I could possibly do without reaching back and putting on JAMS and a Freddy Krueger shirt!!! It was an absoulte honor for me to do this, and under the circumstances I'm sure people were happy that the band still played didn't cancel the shows! I know that Charlie was happy that the "band still played on!" And I was also happy that I could allow my friend and his wife, the opportunity to bring their first born into the world without the added stress of "what about the show?"

oh yeah, and if I looked gay up there, it was only because I couldn't get the shit eating grin off my face, and the realization that one of my lifelong dreams was actually coming true!!

so thanks again to the fans who rocked it in SF and LA.............and if you have video...........PLEASE let me get a copy!!:headbang:
www.jasonbittner.com
www.shadowsfallrocks.com

and by the way I did have a number............they took the Anthrax 20 year anniversary shirt, crossed out the "0" and wrote DAYS next to the "2"..........priceless!!! but .005 is good too!!

jason bittner said:
Thanks to everyone who were at these 2 shows and accepted me being there....I know as a fan, for me, if I went and didn't see Charlie........I would have been pissed too!! But on 24hours notice and one rehearsal, I did the best I could possibly do without reaching back and putting on JAMS and a Freddy Krueger shirt!!! It was an absoulte honor for me to do this, and under the circumstances I'm sure people were happy that the band still played didn't cancel the shows! I know that Charlie was happy that the "band still played on!" And I was also happy that I could allow my friend and his wife, the opportunity to bring their first born into the world without the added stress of "what about the show?"

oh yeah, and if I looked gay up there, it was only because I couldn't get the shit eating grin off my face, and the realization that one of my lifelong dreams was actually coming true!!

so thanks again to the fans who rocked it in SF and LA.............and if you have video...........PLEASE let me get a copy!!:headbang:
www.jasonbittner.com
www.shadowsfallrocks.com

and by the way I did have a number............they took the Anthrax 20 year anniversary shirt, crossed out the "0" and wrote DAYS next to the "2"..........priceless!!! but .005 is good too!!

Jason i am working on the Video tonight from the SF show.........check your private messages!!!!
Fr

Rock on, Jason, welcome to the board! I actually wouldn't have been too disappointed in this case that Charlie wasn't there.

By the way I saw Shadows Fall open for Kittie in Mpls back in 2002 and you tore shit up!